IE message "Internet Explorer has stopped working

Loufitz

IE message "Internet Explorer has stopped working
When I double click on the IE icon i get the above message. If I right click
and run as administrator, all works fine. Now, there is only one account on
my computer and it is the administrator. I don't have any problems doing any
administrator functions. This just started happening. Yesterday I ran a
Verizon PC Security program getting ready for Verizon high speed internet,
but used IE since then with no problem. This problem just started today. My
PC is 1 year old and am running Vista
Don Varnau

Re: IE message "Internet Explorer has stopped working
Hi,
This problem is often caused by a browser add-on - perhaps something the
Verizon program installed - perhaps something else. Your problematic add-on
or program wants to run as administrator.

For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program as
the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Loufitz" <Loufitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I double click on the IE icon i get the above message. If I right

click
> and run as administrator, all works fine. Now, there is only one account

on
> my computer and it is the administrator. I don't have any problems doing

any
> administrator functions. This just started happening. Yesterday I ran a
> Verizon PC Security program getting ready for Verizon high speed internet,
> but used IE since then with no problem. This problem just started today.

My
> PC is 1 year old and am running Vista

williamtell

Re: IE message "Internet Explorer has stopped working
Suggestion,
remove, uninstall, delete anything that has Verizon in it from your machine,
you will smile! You do not need it to use their DSL or Fios.
--
WT

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> This problem is often caused by a browser add-on - perhaps something the
> Verizon program installed - perhaps something else. Your problematic add-on
> or program wants to run as administrator.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>
> If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program as
> the cause.
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Loufitz" <Loufitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I double click on the IE icon i get the above message. If I right

> click
> > and run as administrator, all works fine. Now, there is only one account

> on
> > my computer and it is the administrator. I don't have any problems doing

> any
> > administrator functions. This just started happening. Yesterday I ran a
> > Verizon PC Security program getting ready for Verizon high speed internet,
> > but used IE since then with no problem. This problem just started today.

> My
> > PC is 1 year old and am running Vista

CASHMERE