IE7 Shutdown Channel10

Judith

IE7 Shutdown Channel10
My IE7 works fine except when I get on Channel10. I get a message that
Internet Explorer must shut down and that Microsoft is trying to correct the
problem. This only happens (at least today) when I get on the Channel10
website. Any explanation for this problem?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Should we know what Channel10 is? Does it have a URL? I suppose we're
also supposed to know what version of Windows you have.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

My deepest apologies. I use Vista Ultimate and the url is: www.on10.net

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Should we know what Channel10 is? Does it have a URL? I suppose we're
> also supposed to know what version of Windows you have.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Judith wrote:
> > My IE7 works fine except when I get on Channel10. I get a message that
> > Internet Explorer must shut down and that Microsoft is trying to correct the
> > problem. This only happens (at least today) when I get on the Channel10
> > website. Any explanation for this problem?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this the
/only/ URL where you see the error message?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Judith wrote:
> My deepest apologies. I use Vista Ultimate and the url is: www.on10.net
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Should we know what Channel10 is? Does it have a URL? I suppose we're
>> also supposed to know what version of Windows you have.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Judith wrote:
>>> My IE7 works fine except when I get on Channel10. I get a message that
>>> Internet Explorer must shut down and that Microsoft is trying to correct the
>>> problem. This only happens (at least today) when I get on the Channel10
>>> website. Any explanation for this problem?

Judith

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Yes, it was the only one I had trouble with today. Have been to several
others. Just before replying to you, I tried it again, and I received the
same popup message that IE must shut down. It is not shutting me down while
I am on this website, however.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this the
> /only/ URL where you see the error message?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Judith wrote:
> > My deepest apologies. I use Vista Ultimate and the url is: www.on10.net
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Should we know what Channel10 is? Does it have a URL? I suppose we're
> >> also supposed to know what version of Windows you have.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
When you have trouble reaching only one website, but no trouble with all
other websites, it means that your computer is blocking access to the
particular website. This is most likely due to either of three reasons:

1- Your firewall is configured to block access to the website.
2- Your ad blocking software (if you have that) thinks the domain is an
ad server.
3- Your HOSTS file is configured to block access to the website.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Judith wrote:
> Yes, it was the only one I had trouble with today. Have been to several
> others. Just before replying to you, I tried it again, and I received the
> same popup message that IE must shut down. It is not shutting me down while
> I am on this website, however.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this the
>> /only/ URL where you see the error message?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Judith wrote:
>>> My deepest apologies. I use Vista Ultimate and the url is: www.on10.net

Judith

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Thanks, Leonard. Some new issues for me to investigate.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> When you have trouble reaching only one website, but no trouble with all
> other websites, it means that your computer is blocking access to the
> particular website. This is most likely due to either of three reasons:
>
> 1- Your firewall is configured to block access to the website.
> 2- Your ad blocking software (if you have that) thinks the domain is an
> ad server.
> 3- Your HOSTS file is configured to block access to the website.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Judith wrote:
> > Yes, it was the only one I had trouble with today. Have been to several
> > others. Just before replying to you, I tried it again, and I received the
> > same popup message that IE must shut down. It is not shutting me down while
> > I am on this website, however.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this the
> >> /only/ URL where you see the error message?
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

~BD~

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10

"Judith" <Judith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it was the only one I had trouble with today. Have been to
> several
> others. Just before replying to you, I tried it again, and I received
> the
> same popup message that IE must shut down. It is not shutting me down
> while
> I am on this website, however.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this
>> the
>> /only/ URL where you see the error message?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Judith wrote:
>> > My deepest apologies. I use Vista Ultimate and the url is:
>> > www.on10.net

The www.on10.net site works fine for me, Judith.

Try posting in this site and see what you find
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

HTH

Dave

Judith

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Dave: I continued exploring this problem today and found out more information
because when I pulled up Microsoft Channel 10 today, I received more info,
namely: that there was a problem with a plug-in (npctrl.dll). I researched
this .dll and found it was tied to Silverlight. I do have Silverlight, but
discovered I can use Internet Explorer w/o addons. So, I used IE7 w/o addons
and successfully stayed on the Microsoft Channel 10 site without it being
shut down. Then with IE7 with addons, I decided to try another site with
Silverlight (via Microsoft's Silverlight web site) and had no problem using
the site or watching the video with Silverlight. I find this all very
strange even if it is not 'life threatening.' I am going to check out your
site (downforeveryoneorjustme.com) and thanks for suggesting it.

"~BD~" wrote:

> "Judith" <Judith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, it was the only one I had trouble with today. Have been to
> > several
> > others. Just before replying to you, I tried it again, and I received
> > the
> > same popup message that IE must shut down. It is not shutting me down
> > while
> > I am on this website, however.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Just went there now with IE 7 and Firefox 3 with no trouble. Is this
> >> the
> >> /only/ URL where you see the error message?
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

> The www.on10.net site works fine for me, Judith.
>
> Try posting in this site and see what you find
> http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
>
> HTH
>
> Dave

~BD~

Re: IE7 Shutdown Channel10
Thank you for letting me know Judith.

Maybe one of the gurus here will be able to offer you an explanation -
I'm simply a user like you!

I had lots of fun when I first played with
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ Enjoy!

Dave

> Dave: I continued exploring this problem today and found out more
> information
> because when I pulled up Microsoft Channel 10 today, I received more
> info,
> namely: that there was a problem with a plug-in (npctrl.dll). I
> researched
> this .dll and found it was tied to Silverlight. I do have
> Silverlight, but
> discovered I can use Internet Explorer w/o addons. So, I used IE7 w/o
> addons
> and successfully stayed on the Microsoft Channel 10 site without it
> being
> shut down. Then with IE7 with addons, I decided to try another site
> with
> Silverlight (via Microsoft's Silverlight web site) and had no problem
> using
> the site or watching the video with Silverlight. I find this all very
> strange even if it is not 'life threatening.' I am going to check out
> your
> site (downforeveryoneorjustme.com) and thanks for suggesting it.

<snip>