Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J

Fammie

Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J
Currently the hot key for Feeds on the menu is CTRL + SHIFT +J
The path is view>explorer Bar>Feeds CTRL + SHIFT +J
using help the hot Key appear to CTRL + J

The problem happens some software such as peoplesoft which use internet
explorer for primary software have used this hot key (CTRL + J ) for System
Information. As the result each time this keys be pressed the feeds and
system info appear together on the screen and it actually splits the screen
to half.

any suggestion or any way arround this problem...

Thank you

Euphemia

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J
Uninstall IE7 (if WinXP) or uninstall the peoplesoft application?

Fammie wrote:
> Currently the hot key for Feeds on the menu is CTRL + SHIFT +J
> The path is view>explorer Bar>Feeds CTRL + SHIFT +J
> using help the hot Key appear to CTRL + J
>
> The problem happens some software such as peoplesoft which use internet
> explorer for primary software have used this hot key (CTRL + J ) for
> System
> Information. As the result each time this keys be pressed the feeds and
> system info appear together on the screen and it actually splits the
> screen
> to half.
>
> any suggestion or any way arround this problem...
>
> Thank you
>
> Euphemia
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J

"Fammie" <Fammie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4961DE55-FB12-4B73-97B1-B673FD01FE43@microsoft.com...
> Currently the hot key for Feeds on the menu is CTRL + SHIFT +J
> The path is view>explorer Bar>Feeds CTRL + SHIFT +J
> using help the hot Key appear to CTRL + J
>
> The problem happens some software such as peoplesoft which use internet
> explorer for primary software have used this hot key (CTRL + J ) for System
> Information. As the result each time this keys be pressed the feeds and
> system info appear together on the screen and it actually splits the screen
> to half.
>
> any suggestion or any way arround this problem...

IE7 doesn't have any way to redefine its keyboard shortcuts AFAIK.
Check with your other supplier to see if they are more accommodating? ; )

BTW you don't have to use Ctrl-j just to see the Feeds list.
E.g. click on the Favorites button (to open the Favorites Center).
Once the Feeds list is established as your preferred list for the Favorites Center it would keep opening there. Unfortunately
Alt-c is treated
the same way as Ctrl-i so there doesn't seem to be any equivalent
keyboard shortcut to take advantage of this fact. It would be a solution
for a mouse user, only. Hmm... in fact, keyboard users could press
Alt-d,F6,Space if they wanted. ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Burrhead

RE: Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? We are facing the samee in our
PeopleSoft/IE environment.

Thanks and regards

Steve

"Fammie" wrote:

> Currently the hot key for Feeds on the menu is CTRL + SHIFT +J
> The path is view>explorer Bar>Feeds CTRL + SHIFT +J
> using help the hot Key appear to CTRL + J
>
> The problem happens some software such as peoplesoft which use internet
> explorer for primary software have used this hot key (CTRL + J ) for System
> Information. As the result each time this keys be pressed the feeds and
> system info appear together on the screen and it actually splits the screen
> to half.
>
> any suggestion or any way arround this problem...
>
> Thank you
>
> Euphemia
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: Hot Key for Feeds CTRL + J
You web page needs focus to intercept the body onkeypress event.

onload="javascript:document.getElementById('thefir stinputcontrol').focus();".....
(this won't stop your users though moving focus away from the page (Alt+D).
You should only be using element accesskey attributes to map web page
accelerators. (does not include function keys and is limited to Alt+key
combinations).

or use Group Policy to disable Feed Detection and support in IE8.

or replace your keypress event handler with a button with a accesskey
Attribute..

Remapping IE8's shortcut keys is not going to happen.

Regards.