How to accept cookies

Joe McGuire

How to accept cookies
I am travelling and a website I regularly access (as a subscriber) from home
on my laptop computer apparently will not allow me access on that same
paltop unless my web browser (IE7) will accept cookies from the site. Sorry
for what strikes me as a really elementary question, but how can I get IE to
accept cookies from that site? I learned lots about cookies through Help
topics, including how to delete them. But I can't seem to figure out how to
allow them!
--
Joe McGuire

Kayman

Re: How to accept cookies
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:33:46 -0500, Joe McGuire wrote:

> I am travelling and a website I regularly access (as a subscriber) from home
> on my laptop computer apparently will not allow me access on that same
> paltop unless my web browser (IE7) will accept cookies from the site. Sorry
> for what strikes me as a really elementary question, but how can I get IE to
> accept cookies from that site? I learned lots about cookies through Help
> topics, including how to delete them. But I can't seem to figure out how to
> allow them!

In Internet Options click 'Privacy' tab, click 'Sites' button - the rest is
self explanatory.

Good luck
Daniel Crichton

Re: How to accept cookies
Joe wrote on Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:33:46 -0500:

> I am travelling and a website I regularly access (as a subscriber) from
> home on my laptop computer apparently will not allow me access on that
> same paltop unless my web browser (IE7) will accept cookies from the
> site. Sorry for what strikes me as a really elementary question, but
> how can I get IE to accept cookies from that site? I learned lots
> about cookies through Help topics, including how to delete them. But
> I can't seem to figure out how to allow them!
> --
> Joe McGuire

If you haven't disabled them in IE yourself, then look to other software on
your PC that might be blocking them. Do you have any "security" software
such Norton, Symantec, or any other virus scanner or firewall package that
includes a cookie blocker?

--
Dan

Re: How to accept cookies
IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites: type in, e.g., ...

NameOfWebsite.com

and Allow cookies for the domain.

Managing Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/cookies.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive...rs.htm#cookies

Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299331

Error Message: Not Accepting Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175662
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net