Internet explorer not connecting with vista

david.carton@talktalk.net

Internet explorer not connecting with vista
Hi

Have had a new vista pc for a few days now, but internet explorer
stopped connecting to the internet a couple of days ago. Get a page
cannot be displayed error. Check connection settings comes back as
all ok.

Troubleshooting I have done include resettting ie to default settings
& turning off the firewall to no avail.

Have connected up my old XP pc to my broadband router which can see
the connected pc. Ipconfig confirms I have picked up an ip address
from the router. I can ping the router (and websites like google)
from a command prompt, but cannot connect from ie to internet or
router. Outlook mail howver works fine. Have just downloaded mozilla
firefox which also works fine, so looks like an ie7 problem, but I'm
stumped.

Have found othe threads that relate to problems with a couple of dodgy
security update(KB937143, but I don't seem to have it installed.

I have no 3rd party software firewalls that might be blocking it. any
ideas?

Dave
david.carton@talktalk.net

Re: Internet explorer not connecting with vista
Have just sorted this. If anyone else gets it what worked for me was
the reset button on the advanced tab of tools