Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE will not load.

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2009
Ashleigh
 

Posts: n/a
IE will not load.
When I click on the IE icon the window opens, but nothing loads and none of
the buttons and tabs are displayed. The window also will not close unless I
end the process through the task manager. I thought about uninstalling it,
but it's not displayed in my uninstall group. I was going to trying to
re-install, but my computer says that I already have it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE will not load.
To start, we need to know which version of Internet Explorer you have,
which version of Windows you have (including the service pack), and any
clues you can offer that might account for the problem (e.g., recent
changes in software.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ashleigh wrote:
> When I click on the IE icon the window opens, but nothing loads and none of
> the buttons and tabs are displayed. The window also will not close unless I
> end the process through the task manager. I thought about uninstalling it,
> but it's not displayed in my uninstall group. I was going to trying to
> re-install, but my computer says that I already have it.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2009
Ashleigh
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE will not load.
I have Internet Explorer 7 I'm sure, and I have Windows Vista. And I can't
offer any clues as to why it may have happened. I was just using it one day
and the computer decided to freeze so I restarted and after that IE has been
useless.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> To start, we need to know which version of Internet Explorer you have,
> which version of Windows you have (including the service pack), and any
> clues you can offer that might account for the problem (e.g., recent
> changes in software.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Ashleigh wrote:
> > When I click on the IE icon the window opens, but nothing loads and none of
> > the buttons and tabs are displayed. The window also will not close unless I
> > end the process through the task manager. I thought about uninstalling it,
> > but it's not displayed in my uninstall group. I was going to trying to
> > re-install, but my computer says that I already have it.

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE will not load.
Without any clues as to what might be causing your problems, you can do
generic troubleshooting or hope for a lucky guess. Since I don't guess
when it comes to computers, here is some generic troubleshooting that
has helped many people:

This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

Comprehensive anti-malware software scans for all types of malicious
software in the background, on demand and on schedule. If you don't have
comprehensive anti-malware software, you're a sitting duck.

For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
scanners, such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and http://aumha.net -- but
not here. Within a day you'll have step-by-step advice from an expert on
cleaning up any malware infestations.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ashleigh wrote:
> I have Internet Explorer 7 I'm sure, and I have Windows Vista. And I can't
> offer any clues as to why it may have happened. I was just using it one day
> and the computer decided to freeze so I restarted and after that IE has been
> useless.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> To start, we need to know which version of Internet Explorer you have,
>> which version of Windows you have (including the service pack), and any
>> clues you can offer that might account for the problem (e.g., recent
>> changes in software.)
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Ashleigh wrote:
>>> When I click on the IE icon the window opens, but nothing loads and none of
>>> the buttons and tabs are displayed. The window also will not close unless I
>>> end the process through the task manager. I thought about uninstalling it,
>>> but it's not displayed in my uninstall group. I was going to trying to
>>> re-install, but my computer says that I already have it.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ie will not load olraz microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 01-01-2009 20:48
Can't load and run? 1jay1 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 08-23-2008 14:17
Article ID: 936756 Error message in Windows Vista when you use Registry Editor to load a registry hive file that is on a shared network resource: "Cannot load \HivePath\filename: Access is denied" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
So when should I load dwolf microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 04-16-2007 18:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120