search results in the SAME window

Craig

search results in the SAME window
IE7 has just started opening a new window when I do a (Google) search. How do
I get it to show the reults in the same window?
There is also a problem with the desktop shortcuts for frequently accessed
pages opening those pages in a small window. I'd prefer them to open
maximised. Mouse resizing, closing and re-opening does not work.
Cheers, Craig.

Re: search results in the SAME window
posting to this newsgroup.

How are you doing the Google search (e.g., opening IE to www.google.com;
using IE7's Search box with Google configured as your default search
engine)?

> ...Mouse resizing, closing and re-opening does not work.

Close all IE windows | Open the link | "grab" the corners of the window and
stretch it to the desired size but do NOT maximize it | Close the resized
window.

To configure IE so that all windows open maximized by default: Right-click
on IE in your Start | (All) Programs menu | select Properties | In the RUN
box, select Maximized | OK your way out.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Craig wrote:
> IE7 has just started opening a new window when I do a (Google) search. How
> do I get it to show the reults in the same window?
> There is also a problem with the desktop shortcuts for frequently accessed
> pages opening those pages in a small window. I'd prefer them to open
> maximised. Mouse resizing, closing and re-opening does not work.
> Cheers, Craig.

Don Varnau

Re: search results in the SAME window
Hi,
Google:
Is Google in Trusted Sites (Internet Options> Security?) Is your homepage in
Trusted Sites? In IE7 you can't have a trusted site open in one tab and a
non-trusted site open in another tab in the same IE window.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931954/en-us

Windows:
Set the size of 2 windows and close them in the same order they were opened.
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to full-size. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening