Cannot see drop down menus in IE7

Steven Wilber

Cannot see drop down menus in IE7
Sorry for the double post, I have been unable to see the responses posted in
the other thread I started, even when I click the read and rate response link
in the email response notification I recieved.

I recently downloaded IE7 and now when I go to webpages that have drop down
meus imbedded on them, I cannot see the options in the dropdown. For example
when posting this message there is a drop down menu for which discussion
group to post in. I cannot see the options.

It occus to me it might help if I mention I am using Windows XP with Service
Pack 3 and of course Internet Explorer 7.

Re: Cannot see drop down menus in IE7
Your original thread via Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7de7d2b814ff47

> Sorry for the double post, I have been unable to see the responses posted
> in
> the other thread I started, even when I click the read and rate response
> link in the email response notification I recieved.

Access this and other MS newsgroups via your default newsreader (e.g.,
Outlook Express) instead and avoid such problems.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

=> Click on the following link to open IE General newsgroup in your
newsreader:

> It occus to me it might help if I mention I am using Windows XP with

Service
> Pack 3 and of course Internet Explorer 7.

You may have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
you...

1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
Programs!]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

NB: Use http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx as the

Or Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any
critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update is listed in the
Optional category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's additional
security.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net