I can't turn off the info bar in IE7 or IE8Beta.

James

I can't turn off the info bar in IE7 or IE8Beta.
I experienced the same problem in multiple Vista installs on multiple
computers, the problem is I disable active-x in the internet zone, and I
enable automatic prompting for active-x, yet I still get the active-x info
bar on sites that have active-x that I haven't added to my trusted zone? Is
there no way to turn off the info bar or am I doing something wrong..?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: I can't turn off the info bar in IE7 or IE8Beta.

"James" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:B02B0CDB-378A-4AC7-B7FB-E1727D10F3F0@microsoft.com...
>I experienced the same problem in multiple Vista installs on multiple
> computers, the problem is I disable active-x in the internet zone, and I
> enable automatic prompting for active-x, yet I still get the active-x info
> bar on sites that have active-x that I haven't added to my trusted zone? Is
> there no way to turn off the info bar or am I doing something wrong..?

Sounds like that's what you have set it up to do.
If you disable ActiveX you will get an information message about that
(unless, perhaps, it occurs in a Restricted Sites zone--not sure about that)
And certainly if you set it to Prompt you will at least get its prompt.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

James

Re: I can't turn off the info bar in IE7 or IE8Beta.
Well I get prompts whether I have auto-prompting enabled or disabled. How
do I get rid of the prompts? That's all I want. Active-x disabled and no
prompts...