Ie8 uninstall but Ie7 will not open

Scott

Ie8 uninstall but Ie7 will not open
I installed Ie8 beta 2 and did not like it. I uninstalled Ie8 and then Ie7
would not open. When I click on the icon to open it on the desktop it opens
up then minimizes and closes every time. How can I get to to reinstall
correctly? I did also try a fresh install and I get the same results.

Re: Ie8 uninstall but Ie7 will not open
posting to this newsgroup.

in the background when you installed or uninstalled IE8 Beta 2?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Scott wrote:
> I installed Ie8 beta 2 and did not like it. I uninstalled Ie8 and then
> Ie7
> would not open. When I click on the icon to open it on the desktop it
> opens
> up then minimizes and closes every time. How can I get to to reinstall
> correctly? I did also try a fresh install and I get the same results.

Doolio

RE: Ie8 uninstall but Ie7 will not open
Depends on your OS, but one of these should work if you follow specifically:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003
1. In Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1, and then click Remove. The
computer will revert to one of the earlier versions of Internet Explorer
depending on your scenario, as described here:
• Internet Explorer 6 + previously installed Internet Explorer 6 security
updates.
• Internet Explorer 7 + previously installed Internet Explorer 7 security
updates.

In Windows Server 2003, you may be unable to cleanly uninstall Internet
Explorer 8 Beta 1. When uninstalled, the Internet Explorer entry might be
missing in the following locations:
• On the Start menu
• When you click All Programs on the Start menu
However, the earlier version of Internet Explorer is still present on the
system, and you can start it from the Quick Launch Bar or by running
Iexplore.exe from the Run command.

In Windows XP SP2, after Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 is removed, the
following entry will be present on the Start menu in All Programs >
Accessories > System Tools:
Internet Explorer (No add-ons)
You can safely delete this entry.

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
1. In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click View Installed Updates.
2. Click Windows Internet Explorer 8, and then click Remove. The computer
will revert to Internet Explorer 7 and previously installed Internet Explorer
7 security updates.