IE 7 Runtime Errors

Robert

IE 7 Runtime Errors
I just purchased a New Sony with all the Goodies for $4300.00.I can't even
go to my own website without getting the Runtime Error: Application has
requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the
applications support team for more information. When this happens the
computer freezes and I have to logoff and then back on. Also when I visit
web sites and view a few different pages , and try to exit, the computer
locks up tight as a drum.....and I have to go through the same process to get
my desktop back. I also have Microsoft Office and I use Outlook 2007 as
my email client....and also have hang up problems.
I have had this computer for five days....have only installed about five
programs.

All the people at Sony can recommend for $4300.00 is to use the recovery
software discs I created.....but I know that won't resolve the problem.
I have tried all the recommended options for the Internet Options Page
advanced Section....but nothing works. My problem is that I have run out
of ideas......and do not wish to return the computer,but I may not have a
choice......so any help or ideas would certainly be appreciated.

Perhaps our good friends at Microsoft who created this bug infested software
could
offer a fix......I mean one that works!!

Thanks to all in advance!!
Robert
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 Runtime Errors
Did the computer work this way from the very first moment you turned it
on? If so, you have a warranty claim. If not, look in the mirror to see
who's to blame.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Robert wrote:
> I just purchased a New Sony with all the Goodies for $4300.00.I can't even
> go to my own website without getting the Runtime Error: Application has
> requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the
> applications support team for more information. When this happens the
> computer freezes and I have to logoff and then back on. Also when I visit
> web sites and view a few different pages , and try to exit, the computer
> locks up tight as a drum.....and I have to go through the same process to get
> my desktop back. I also have Microsoft Office and I use Outlook 2007 as
> my email client....and also have hang up problems.
> I have had this computer for five days....have only installed about five
> programs.
>
> All the people at Sony can recommend for $4300.00 is to use the recovery
> software discs I created.....but I know that won't resolve the problem.
> I have tried all the recommended options for the Internet Options Page
> advanced Section....but nothing works. My problem is that I have run out
> of ideas......and do not wish to return the computer,but I may not have a
> choice......so any help or ideas would certainly be appreciated.
>
> Perhaps our good friends at Microsoft who created this bug infested software
> could
> offer a fix......I mean one that works!!
>
> Thanks to all in advance!!
> Robert

Re: IE 7 Runtime Errors
posting to this newsgroup.

Gotta link to your website? Did it work OK in IE7 before you got the new
machine?

Is the machine still under warranty or service contract?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Was a Norton or McAfee free-trial preinstalled on the machine when you
bought it?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robert wrote:
> I just purchased a New Sony with all the Goodies for $4300.00.I can't
> even
> go to my own website without getting the Runtime Error: Application has
> requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way. Please contact
> the
> applications support team for more information. When this happens the
> computer freezes and I have to logoff and then back on. Also when I
> visit web sites and view a few different pages , and try to exit, the
> computer locks up tight as a drum.....and I have to go through the same
> process to get my desktop back. I also have Microsoft Office and I use
> Outlook 2007 as my email client....and also have hang up problems.
> I have had this computer for five days....have only installed about five
> programs.
>
> All the people at Sony can recommend for $4300.00 is to use the recovery
> software discs I created.....but I know that won't resolve the problem.
> I have tried all the recommended options for the Internet Options Page
> advanced Section....but nothing works. My problem is that I have run
> out
> of ideas......and do not wish to return the computer,but I may not have a
> choice......so any help or ideas would certainly be appreciated.
>
> Perhaps our good friends at Microsoft who created this bug infested
> software
> could
> offer a fix......I mean one that works!!
>
> Thanks to all in advance!!
> Robert

Robert

RE: IE 7 Runtime Errors
To answer your response leonard I can't be sure since I only went to my own
website to setup email. I right clicked on the IE7 Icon and started
explorer without addons and the Runtime error disappeared,however, I
disabaled all the addons in tools and it made no difference....so obviously
the problems must be something inside IE7 or somehow related????

"Robert" wrote:

> I just purchased a New Sony with all the Goodies for $4300.00.I can't even
> go to my own website without getting the Runtime Error: Application has
> requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the
> applications support team for more information. When this happens the
> computer freezes and I have to logoff and then back on. Also when I visit
> web sites and view a few different pages , and try to exit, the computer
> locks up tight as a drum.....and I have to go through the same process to get
> my desktop back. I also have Microsoft Office and I use Outlook 2007 as
> my email client....and also have hang up problems.
> I have had this computer for five days....have only installed about five
> programs.
>
> All the people at Sony can recommend for $4300.00 is to use the recovery
> software discs I created.....but I know that won't resolve the problem.
> I have tried all the recommended options for the Internet Options Page
> advanced Section....but nothing works. My problem is that I have run out
> of ideas......and do not wish to return the computer,but I may not have a
> choice......so any help or ideas would certainly be appreciated.
>
> Perhaps our good friends at Microsoft who created this bug infested software
> could
> offer a fix......I mean one that works!!
>
> Thanks to all in advance!!
> Robert

Robert

Re: IE 7 Runtime Errors
I have windows Vista Home Premium sp1 64 bit. I don't know if the problem
existed five days ago or not...to be honest! If I disable the IE7 Addons
by right clicking the IE Icon on my desktop the RUNTIME ERROR does not come
up!!! If I open IE7 without disabling the addons.... and disabling all of
them in TOOLS under MANAGE ADDONS The RUNTIME ERROR is still there....so what
the heck could be causing the problem? could it somehow be related to
Outlook 2007???

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Gotta link to your website? Did it work OK in IE7 before you got the new
> machine?
>

> Is the machine still under warranty or service contract?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Was a Norton or McAfee free-trial preinstalled on the machine when you
> bought it?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Robert wrote:
> > I just purchased a New Sony with all the Goodies for $4300.00.I can't
> > even
> > go to my own website without getting the Runtime Error: Application has
> > requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way. Please contact
> > the
> > applications support team for more information. When this happens the
> > computer freezes and I have to logoff and then back on. Also when I
> > visit web sites and view a few different pages , and try to exit, the
> > computer locks up tight as a drum.....and I have to go through the same
> > process to get my desktop back. I also have Microsoft Office and I use
> > Outlook 2007 as my email client....and also have hang up problems.
> > I have had this computer for five days....have only installed about five
> > programs.
> >
> > All the people at Sony can recommend for $4300.00 is to use the recovery
> > software discs I created.....but I know that won't resolve the problem.
> > I have tried all the recommended options for the Internet Options Page
> > advanced Section....but nothing works. My problem is that I have run
> > out
> > of ideas......and do not wish to return the computer,but I may not have a
> > choice......so any help or ideas would certainly be appreciated.
> >
> > Perhaps our good friends at Microsoft who created this bug infested
> > software
> > could
> > offer a fix......I mean one that works!!
> >
> > Thanks to all in advance!!
> > Robert

Re: IE 7 Runtime Errors
And your answered to my other questions are...?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
~PA Bear