Hyperlink Monitor Screen Is Small

Gene

Hyperlink Monitor Screen Is Small
Dell support said this was an IE problem. About a month ago the majority of
my hyperlink screens defaulted to the smaller screen size. Now I have to
regularly click the enlarge screen block in the upper right-hand corner .
I've had a computer for many years and never had a similar problem. I run
IE8.0 beta, I think. I may have clicked something I shouldn't have. I
appreciate your time. Gene
Bruce Hagen

Re: Hyperlink Monitor Screen Is Small
You "think" you have IE8 beta???

Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed.

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
program.

If still no joy, click on Help | About and if you have IE8Beta, ask here:

IE8 Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dell support said this was an IE problem. About a month ago the majority
> of
> my hyperlink screens defaulted to the smaller screen size. Now I have to
> regularly click the enlarge screen block in the upper right-hand corner .
> I've had a computer for many years and never had a similar problem. I run
> IE8.0 beta, I think. I may have clicked something I shouldn't have. I
> appreciate your time. Gene

Gene

Re: Hyperlink Monitor Screen Is Small
Thanks for your reply, Bruce, but it didn't work. I followed your directions
precisely. To me it seems something is defaulting some of my hyperlink
screens to to mid size since the enlarge block is always available. Yes, I
do have IE8.0 beta and had it a lot of months before this problem ever began.
I've not come up with anything on a help index or a web site search that
seems to relate to this problem. I'll appreciate any other thoughts you or
someone else may have? Thanks, Gene
"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> You "think" you have IE8 beta???
>
> Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed.
>
> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
> Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
> Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
> program.
>
> If still no joy, click on Help | About and if you have IE8Beta, ask here:
>
> IE8 Beta Newsgroups.
>
> In Your Newsreader:
>
> In The Web Interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dell support said this was an IE problem. About a month ago the majority
> > of
> > my hyperlink screens defaulted to the smaller screen size. Now I have to
> > regularly click the enlarge screen block in the upper right-hand corner .
> > I've had a computer for many years and never had a similar problem. I run
> > IE8.0 beta, I think. I may have clicked something I shouldn't have. I
> > appreciate your time. Gene

Bruce Hagen

Re: Hyperlink Monitor Screen Is Small
I would uninstall it until it is a finished program. Beta is meant for
testers and developers. Or, ask in the IE8Beta newsgroup I provided.

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/