Script Error When Printing

bud_ice

Script Error When Printing
when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online store, a
web page, etc. i get the same message;

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg

i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any ideas
or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to print.

Thanks

Donald Anadell

Re: Script Error When Printing

"bud_ice" <budice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online store, a
> web page, etc. i get the same message;
>
> http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg
>
> i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any
> ideas
> or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to print.

You might try the following:

Click Start||Run and type(or copy and paste) the following into the run box:

regsvr32 ole32.dll

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks

bud_ice

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "bud_ice" <budice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online
>> > store, a
>> > web page, etc. i get the same message;
>> >
>> > http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg
>> >
>> > i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any
>> > ideas
>> > or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to
>> > print.

>> You might try the following:
>>
>> Click Start||Run and type(or copy and paste) the following into the run
>> box:
>>
>> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > Thanks
>> >

>> tried it and got another message something about ole32.dll , still same
>> problem. thanks for the help

See the following post by Robin Meng[MSFT] regarding this problem:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-d551f9338b76/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Re: Script Error When Printing
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

bud_ice wrote:
> when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online store, a
> web page, etc. i get the same message;
>
> http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg
>
> i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any
> ideas
> or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to print.
>
> Thanks

bud_ice

Re: Script Error When Printing
i'm running windows vista home premium w/sp1

i've tried all the suggestions and i still have the same problem, would
switching browers, {switch to firefox} fix it or will i end up doing what i
really don't want to do, {reinstall vista} again ?

thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> bud_ice wrote:
> > when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online store, a
> > web page, etc. i get the same message;
> >
> > http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg
> >
> > i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any
> > ideas
> > or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to print.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Script Error When Printing
Did you install Vista SP1 manually, via Windows Update, or was it preinstall
on the machine when you bought it?

Let's try again: In an elevated command prompt
(http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/158/1/), type...

regsvr32 ole32.dll

....& press OK.

If you get an error again, post the complete error message; do not post a
screenshot link.

QED: Does this behavior persist with UAC & Protected Mode disabled?

QED: Have you ever been able to print an IE page with this printer since
you've been running Vista?
--
~PA Bear

bud_ice wrote:
> i'm running windows vista home premium w/sp1
>
> i've tried all the suggestions and i still have the same problem, would
> switching browers, {switch to firefox} fix it or will i end up doing what
> really don't want to do, {reinstall vista} again ?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> bud_ice wrote:
>>> when i try to print something, an email, a receipt from an online store,
>>> web page, etc. i get the same message;
>>>
>>> http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...319_edited.jpg
>>>
>>> i've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer but that didn't help, any
>>> ideas
>>> or suggestions would be welcomed, i have some things i do need to print.
>>>
>>> Thanks

bud_ice

**** installed vista with a disc, sp1 from windows update

> Let's try again: In an elevated command prompt
> (http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/158/1/), type...
>
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>
> ....& press OK.
>
> If you get an error again, post the complete error message; do not post a
> screenshot link.

**** tried it and got this;

DllRegisterServer in ole32.dll succeeded

but when i tried to print i got the same old error;

internet explorer script error

an error has occurred in the script on this page

Line. 1829
char. 1
error. unspecified error
code. 0
url. res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

do you want to continue running scripts on this page
yes no

i get this error when i try to print any thing, even this page.

**** yes

**** yes

> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> bud_ice wrote:
> > i'm running windows vista home premium w/sp1
> >
> > i've tried all the suggestions and i still have the same problem, would
> > switching browers, {switch to firefox} fix it or will i end up doing what
> > really don't want to do, {reinstall vista} again ?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> >> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Script Error When Printing
>> QED: Have you ever been able to print an IE page with this printer since
>> you've been running Vista?

> **** yes

When (date) was the last time printing worked? What changes were made to
the system immediately thereafter (e.g., installing/uninstalling new
software [including a Windows Update or Vista SP1] or hardware)?

bud_ice wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you install Vista SP1 manually, via Windows Update, or was it
>> preinstall on the machine when you bought it?

> **** installed vista with a disc, sp1 from windows update
>>
>> Let's try again: In an elevated command prompt
>> (http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/158/1/), type...
>>
>> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>>
>> ....& press OK.
>>
>> If you get an error again, post the complete error message; do not post a
>> screenshot link.
>>

> **** tried it and got this;
>
> DllRegisterServer in ole32.dll succeeded
>
> but when i tried to print i got the same old error;
>
> internet explorer script error
>
> an error has occurred in the script on this page
>
> Line. 1829
> char. 1
> error. unspecified error
> code. 0
> url. res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
>
> do you want to continue running scripts on this page
> yes no
>
> i get this error when i try to print any thing, even this page.
>

>> QED: Does this behavior persist with UAC & Protected Mode disabled?

> **** yes
>>
>> QED: Have you ever been able to print an IE page with this printer since
>> you've been running Vista?

> **** yes
>

>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> bud_ice wrote:
>>> i'm running windows vista home premium w/sp1
>>>
>>> i've tried all the suggestions and i still have the same problem, would
>>> switching browers, {switch to firefox} fix it or will i end up doing
>>> what
>>> really don't want to do, {reinstall vista} again ?

Robert Aldwinckle

"bud_ice" <budice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C413B3-0F92-4773-9E9B-04BFB7264CAD@microsoft.com...

> but when i tried to print i got the same old error;
>
> internet explorer script error
>
> an error has occurred in the script on this page
>
> Line. 1829
> char. 1
> error. unspecified error
> code. 0
> url. res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

That module doesn't have that many lines in it.
So the error is not happening in it.

You probably need a script debugger to figure out
what the error really is.

Simplest fix would probably be RIES.

---