Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon

Doc1973

Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
I am running Vista Ultimate with all the recent updates. I just downloaded
and installed the newest Windows Live Suite. Now nothing is retained as far
as logon's and passwords and the forms icon is no longer on the Windows Live
Toolbar. I used to be able to see my address, credit card and other
information that I would populate on various web pages.

Anyone have any ideas?
rob^_^

Re: Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
Hi Doc,

I don't use a form fill for security reasons. A look at my installed Live
Toolbar Beta, I cannot see any option for form filling and a quick search of
the web and the live q&a page (qna.live.com) suggests that they have
excluded the Form Filling addon.

There may be good security reasons why they have discontinued the form
filler. You may be able to recover your stored passwords and form fill
details by uninstalling the beta and then installing the previous version
(you did save copies of the installers?), but if the new beta does not
support form fill then it should have deleted any sensitive form fill
information that was left behind from the previous version, so you may not
be able to downgrade to the previous version to continue to use form fill.

Regards.

"Doc1973" <Doc1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Vista Ultimate with all the recent updates. I just
> downloaded
> and installed the newest Windows Live Suite. Now nothing is retained as
> far
> as logon's and passwords and the forms icon is no longer on the Windows
> Live
> Toolbar. I used to be able to see my address, credit card and other
> information that I would populate on various web pages.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Doc1973

Re: Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
I really appreciate your response and it probably makes as much sense as
anything else. I still can not understand why the autocomplete is not
functioning though. Do you have any thoughts about that?

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Doc,
>
> I don't use a form fill for security reasons. A look at my installed Live
> Toolbar Beta, I cannot see any option for form filling and a quick search of
> the web and the live q&a page (qna.live.com) suggests that they have
> excluded the Form Filling addon.
>
> There may be good security reasons why they have discontinued the form
> filler. You may be able to recover your stored passwords and form fill
> details by uninstalling the beta and then installing the previous version
> (you did save copies of the installers?), but if the new beta does not
> support form fill then it should have deleted any sensitive form fill
> information that was left behind from the previous version, so you may not
> be able to downgrade to the previous version to continue to use form fill.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Doc1973" <Doc1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am running Vista Ultimate with all the recent updates. I just
> > downloaded
> > and installed the newest Windows Live Suite. Now nothing is retained as
> > far
> > as logon's and passwords and the forms icon is no longer on the Windows
> > Live
> > Toolbar. I used to be able to see my address, credit card and other
> > information that I would populate on various web pages.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?

rob^_^

Re: Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
Hi,

IE7 Auto-complete should not be effected. However auto-login to Live sites
is something different when the Live Toolbar is installed. Login to live
sites should occur automatically when the Live toolbar is installed. Use the
Addons Manager to check that the satellite addon Live Login Helper is
enabled. You need also to reboot your PC after the Live products install (It
should prompt you to do so after the installation).

Check also that your IE Auto-complete settings for Forms, User names and
passwords are switched on in Internet Options.

Actually this is the most likely cause as previously when you had the Live
toolbar with form fill installed you would have had no need to switch these
on.

news4E38A24-081D-4E48-BF5F-D0D75FE73F9D@microsoft.com...
> I really appreciate your response and it probably makes as much sense as
> anything else. I still can not understand why the autocomplete is not
> functioning though. Do you have any thoughts about that?
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Doc,
>>
>> I don't use a form fill for security reasons. A look at my installed Live
>> Toolbar Beta, I cannot see any option for form filling and a quick search
>> of
>> the web and the live q&a page (qna.live.com) suggests that they have
>> excluded the Form Filling addon.
>>
>> There may be good security reasons why they have discontinued the form
>> filler. You may be able to recover your stored passwords and form fill
>> details by uninstalling the beta and then installing the previous version
>> (you did save copies of the installers?), but if the new beta does not
>> support form fill then it should have deleted any sensitive form fill
>> information that was left behind from the previous version, so you may
>> not
>> be able to downgrade to the previous version to continue to use form
>> fill.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Doc1973" <Doc1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am running Vista Ultimate with all the recent updates. I just
>> > downloaded
>> > and installed the newest Windows Live Suite. Now nothing is retained
>> > as
>> > far
>> > as logon's and passwords and the forms icon is no longer on the Windows
>> > Live
>> > Toolbar. I used to be able to see my address, credit card and other
>> > information that I would populate on various web pages.
>> >
>> > Anyone have any ideas?

rob^_^

Re: Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
Another consideration, you IE autocomplete settings probably won't contained
the saved usernames and passwords that were saved with the previous version
of the Live toolbar. Yet another reason to use hard copy storage for your
secure personal information.

Regards.

"Doc1973" <Doc1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4E38A24-081D-4E48-BF5F-D0D75FE73F9D@microsoft.com...
> I really appreciate your response and it probably makes as much sense as
> anything else. I still can not understand why the autocomplete is not
> functioning though. Do you have any thoughts about that?
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Doc,
>>
>> I don't use a form fill for security reasons. A look at my installed Live
>> Toolbar Beta, I cannot see any option for form filling and a quick search
>> of
>> the web and the live q&a page (qna.live.com) suggests that they have
>> excluded the Form Filling addon.
>>
>> There may be good security reasons why they have discontinued the form
>> filler. You may be able to recover your stored passwords and form fill
>> details by uninstalling the beta and then installing the previous version
>> (you did save copies of the installers?), but if the new beta does not
>> support form fill then it should have deleted any sensitive form fill
>> information that was left behind from the previous version, so you may
>> not
>> be able to downgrade to the previous version to continue to use form
>> fill.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Doc1973" <Doc1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am running Vista Ultimate with all the recent updates. I just
>> > downloaded
>> > and installed the newest Windows Live Suite. Now nothing is retained
>> > as
>> > far
>> > as logon's and passwords and the forms icon is no longer on the Windows
>> > Live
>> > Toolbar. I used to be able to see my address, credit card and other
>> > information that I would populate on various web pages.
>> >
>> > Anyone have any ideas?

Doc1973

Re: Windows Live Toolbar Autocomplete and Forms Icon
Rob,

Thank you so much for your input. However, I have the Windows Live Sign-In
Helper activiated and the autocomplete is checked for forms, user names and
passwords. I realize I may have to start again on the autocomplete but I
have visited several web sites after experiencing these problems and either
the logon and/or the password are not retained as before. Not sure where to
go from here.