\\\

Maxflinoodle

\\\
Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
symbol like this \? I have check the keyboard version and selected fonts
other than New Times Roman.
Bruce Hagen

Re: \\\
"Maxflinoodle" <Maxflinoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
> symbol like this \? I have check the keyboard version and selected fonts
> other than New Times Roman.

That /is/ a back slash. \\\\\\\\\
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Opinicus

Re: \\\
"Maxflinoodle" <Maxflinoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
> symbol like this \?

And what do you think a back slash is?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
rob^_^

Re: \\\
Hi Max.

I assume you mean that when you press the backspace key ("\") in the IE
Address bar, "\?" appears instead of just a single backslash ("\")?

Does this occur in no-Addons mode? (No... try disabling any toolbar or
browser helper addons that do address bar searches or Form Fillers). I have
only seen something similar with an earlier version of the Google toolbar.

Yes.. it still occurs in no-Addons mode..... Check to see if you have the
typo "\?" in the drop-down Address bar list, select it and press the delete
key to delete it from the list to stop it being slected with Address bar
auto-complete
or
Turn of Auto-complete for the Address bar on the Content tab of Internet
Options.

Regards.

"Maxflinoodle" <Maxflinoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
> symbol like this \? I have check the keyboard version and selected fonts
> other than New Times Roman.

Maxflinoodle

Re: \\\
Not the backspace key and not the // key. It's the key opposite of the
forward slash key.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Max.
>
> I assume you mean that when you press the backspace key ("\") in the IE
> Address bar, "\?" appears instead of just a single backslash ("\")?
>
> Does this occur in no-Addons mode? (No... try disabling any toolbar or
> browser helper addons that do address bar searches or Form Fillers). I have
> only seen something similar with an earlier version of the Google toolbar.
>
> Yes.. it still occurs in no-Addons mode..... Check to see if you have the
> typo "\?" in the drop-down Address bar list, select it and press the delete
> key to delete it from the list to stop it being slected with Address bar
> auto-complete
> or
> Turn of Auto-complete for the Address bar on the Content tab of Internet
> Options.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Maxflinoodle" <Maxflinoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
> > symbol like this \? I have check the keyboard version and selected fonts
> > other than New Times Roman.

Re: \\\
Do you mean the " | " symbol?

Maxflinoodle wrote:
> Not the backspace key and not the // key. It's the key opposite of the
> forward slash key.
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Max.
>>
>> I assume you mean that when you press the backspace key ("\") in the IE
>> Address bar, "\?" appears instead of just a single backslash ("\")?
>>
>> Does this occur in no-Addons mode? (No... try disabling any toolbar or
>> browser helper addons that do address bar searches or Form Fillers). I
>> have
>> only seen something similar with an earlier version of the Google
>> toolbar.
>>
>> Yes.. it still occurs in no-Addons mode..... Check to see if you have the
>> typo "\?" in the drop-down Address bar list, select it and press the
>> delete
>> key to delete it from the list to stop it being slected with Address bar
>> auto-complete
>> or
>> Turn of Auto-complete for the Address bar on the Content tab of Internet
>> Options.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Maxflinoodle" <Maxflinoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone tell me why when I press the back slash key I keep getting a
>>> symbol like this \? I have check the keyboard version and selected
>>> fonts
>>> other than New Times Roman.

Maxflinoodle

Re: \\\
It would be the symbol below " | " on the same key.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Do you mean the " | " symbol?
>
> Maxflinoodle wrote:
> > Not the backspace key and not the // key. It's the key opposite of the
> > forward slash key.
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Max.
> >>
> >> I assume you mean that when you press the backspace key ("\") in the IE
> >> Address bar, "\?" appears instead of just a single backslash ("\")?
> >>
> >> Does this occur in no-Addons mode? (No... try disabling any toolbar or
> >> browser helper addons that do address bar searches or Form Fillers). I
> >> have
> >> only seen something similar with an earlier version of the Google
> >> toolbar.
> >>
> >> Yes.. it still occurs in no-Addons mode..... Check to see if you have the
> >> typo "\?" in the drop-down Address bar list, select it and press the
> >> delete
> >> key to delete it from the list to stop it being slected with Address bar
> >> auto-complete
> >> or
> >> Turn of Auto-complete for the Address bar on the Content tab of Internet
> >> Options.
> >>
> >> Regards.

Re: \\\
That symbol is " \ " and is called a backslash (AKA reverse solidus &
slosh). It "points" backward.

" / " is called a forward slash (AKA slash, stroke, virgule, diagonal). It
"points" forward.