IE 7 Help very slow?

Felix

IE 7 Help very slow?
W xp Pro SP3 IE 7

Is their way to tweak IE 7 to run faster? I have done all the housekeeping
and cleaning of junk file and programs not needed but it still very slow to
run and load out check for virus all clean. Also keep getting "Thanks for
choosing IE 7 & Splash page" every time it loads out? This is not my home
page. Any assistance appreciated.
Thank you
Felix

Kayman

Re: IE 7 Help very slow?
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:51:52 -0600, Felix wrote:

> W xp Pro SP3 IE 7
>
> Is their way to tweak IE 7 to run faster? I have done all the housekeeping
> and cleaning of junk file and programs not needed but it still very slow to
> run and load out check for virus all clean. Also keep getting "Thanks for
> choosing IE 7 & Splash page" every time it loads out? This is not my home
> page. Any assistance appreciated.

Start anew.

1.Clear the (IE) temporary Internet files and the history cache.
Click Start==>Run... then type (or copy/paste) "inetcpl.cpl" (w/out
quotation marks) into the box, then click the 'OK' button.
In Internet Properties panel 'General' tab, under 'Browsing history', click
'Delete...'button, in 'Delete Browsing History' panel, click the 'Delete
all...'button then place a checkmark into the box beside 'Also delete files
and settings stored by add-ons', Click 'Yes' and exit the Internet
Properties panel by clicking the 'OK' button.

2.Clean HDD
Click Start==>Run... then type (or copy/paste) "cleanmgr" (w/out quotation
marks into the box, then click the 'OK' button. Select your drive
(presumably WinXP (C and click OK.

3.Download/execute:
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
--and--
Kaspersky® AVPTool
http://avptool.virusinfo.info/en/
Direct:
http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
--and--
Dr.Web CureIt!® Utility - FREE
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
--and--
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

NOTE:
Kaspersky® Virus Removal Tool, Dr.Web CureIt!® and the free version of
Malwarebytes© and SuperAntispyware are not capable for real-time protection
of your computer.
Kaspersky® AVPTool, Dr.Web CureIt!® have no update feature (so they don't
turn into full blown scanners). As soon as your computer is cleaned you are
supposed to remove these tools from your operating system.
Re: K/AVPTool; To uninstall/move this program 'enable self-defense' must be
unchecked!

The free version of Malwarebytes© and SuperAntispyware have an update
feature, keep them installed in addtion to your resident AV/A-S
applications and scan frequently.

4.Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.

5.Routinely practice Safe-Hex.
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

Additional references:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Read: "What you must know"

Good luck

Re: IE 7 Help very slow?
Which was installed first, IE or WinXP SP3?

Felix wrote:
> W xp Pro SP3 IE 7
>
> Is their way to tweak IE 7 to run faster? I have done all the housekeeping
> and cleaning of junk file and programs not needed but it still very slow
> run and load out check for virus all clean. Also keep getting "Thanks for
> choosing IE 7 & Splash page" every time it loads out? This is not my home
> page. Any assistance appreciated.
> Thank you
> Felix

Felix

Re: IE 7 Help very slow?
I think they came already installed? System already configured from dell
when purchased. IE 7 installed after IE 6..
Thank.s
Felix

> Which was installed first, IE or WinXP SP3?
>
> Felix wrote:
>> W xp Pro SP3 IE 7
>>
>> Is their way to tweak IE 7 to run faster? I have done all the
>> housekeeping
>> and cleaning of junk file and programs not needed but it still very slow
>> run and load out check for virus all clean. Also keep getting "Thanks for
>> choosing IE 7 & Splash page" every time it loads out? This is not my home
>> page. Any assistance appreciated.
>> Thank you
>> Felix

Felix

Re: IE 7 Help very slow?
Did everything seems to run better have not turned in hijack log yet. all
programs only found 1 minor infection Deleted I think these programs are
pretty techie? How do I delete programs I should not have on my system not
in add & remove? Thanks
Felix

"Kayman" <kayhkay-nospam-@operamail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
> Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.
>
> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
> http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29
>
> NOTE:
> Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
> a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
> respective HJT forum.
>
> 5.Routinely practice Safe-Hex.
> http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
>
> Additional references:
>
> How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

Kayman

Re: IE 7 Help very slow?
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:24:14 -0600, Felix wrote:

> Did everything seems to run better have not turned in hijack log yet. all
> programs only found 1 minor infection Deleted I think these programs are
> pretty techie? How do I delete programs I should not have on my system not
> in add & remove?

Run HJT, register and submit the log to a forum for expert examination.