downloading account statements

Walter Goldschmidt

downloading account statements
When trying to send myself a Time Warner account statement in the email I
got the following message.

No profiles have been created, to create a new profile use the mail icon in
the control panel. There is no mail icon in the control panel.

In the past I had no trouble emailing myself this statement from Time
Warner. Why all of a sudden won't it work. My other accounts let me save the
PDF file to my hard drive but for some reason Time Warner doesn't. Anybody
have any ideas on this? Thanks.

--
Walt

Re: downloading account statements
posting to this newsgroup.

What's your default Mail Client, Walter? Is MS Outlook installed but you
don't use it?

You can't save a copy of the PDF to your hard-drive? Is this PDF an
attachment to a message you received in, e.g., Outlook Express or Windows
Mail?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Walter Goldschmidt wrote:
> When trying to send myself a Time Warner account statement in the email I
> got the following message.
>
> No profiles have been created, to create a new profile use the mail icon
> in
> the control panel. There is no mail icon in the control panel.
>
> In the past I had no trouble emailing myself this statement from Time
> Warner. Why all of a sudden won't it work. My other accounts let me save
> the
> PDF file to my hard drive but for some reason Time Warner doesn't. Anybody
> have any ideas on this? Thanks.

Walter Goldschmidt

Re: downloading account statements
I'm using Vista Home Basic. I'm using Windows Live Mail. All my other
accounts (Vectren, HSBC, Discover etc) allow me to save the PDF file to my
hard drive but Time Warner doesn't. My work around for this was to send the
statement as an email attachment to myself. This always worked in the past
but I can't save or email it to myself. My other accounts are working
properly. This one is a real puzzler. I talked with Time Warner for over an
hour and could not solve the problem. Good luck.

--
Walt

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What's your default Mail Client, Walter? Is MS Outlook installed but you
> don't use it?
>
> You can't save a copy of the PDF to your hard-drive? Is this PDF an
> attachment to a message you received in, e.g., Outlook Express or Windows
> Mail?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Walter Goldschmidt wrote:
>> When trying to send myself a Time Warner account statement in the email I
>> got the following message.
>>
>> No profiles have been created, to create a new profile use the mail icon
>> in
>> the control panel. There is no mail icon in the control panel.
>>
>> In the past I had no trouble emailing myself this statement from Time
>> Warner. Why all of a sudden won't it work. My other accounts let me save
>> the
>> PDF file to my hard drive but for some reason Time Warner doesn't.
>> Anybody
>> have any ideas on this? Thanks.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:gijk1l$bmo$1@news.motzarella.org...
> I'm using Vista Home Basic. I'm using Windows Live Mail. All my other
> accounts (Vectren, HSBC, Discover etc) allow me to save the PDF file to my
> hard drive but Time Warner doesn't. My work around for this was to send the
> statement as an email attachment to myself. This always worked in the past
> but I can't save or email it to myself. My other accounts are working
> properly.

> This one is a real puzzler.

Probably because you aren't considering all the implementation details.
E.g. here is a scenario which would explain your symptom:
1. You are using a POP3 account.
2. The E-mail does not have a PDF file but an Office .DAT file
encoded as a TNEF attachment.

FYI OE can't open such an attachment (doesn't even see it as an
attachment in HTML mode), so I suspect WLMail may do the same.

BTW what do you see if you set your Read option for
Read all messages in plain text ?

If you don't see an attachment that way, use Ctrl-F3
and browse the source to see if it contains a TNEF .DAT file
as I mentioned.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---