Adobe Flash player

Andrew S

Adobe Flash player
I have been going crazy with IE and the adobe flash player. I keep loading
and loading and loading the damm thing just doesn't install. I tell it to
allow it when ever it asks me to install it. It installs but latter I have
to do it again so almost every time I get to a site that uses it I have to
install it again.

I'm using IE 7 version 7.0.6001.18000 and have Norton Internet Security 2009
installed cannot seem to find anywhere to change the setting so this stops.

Thanks in advance.

Drew

Leonard Grey

Re: Adobe Flash player
You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security
applications) when you install software.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Andrew S wrote:
> I have been going crazy with IE and the adobe flash player. I keep
> tell it to allow it when ever it asks me to install it. It installs but
> latter I have to do it again so almost every time I get to a site that
> uses it I have to install it again.
>
> I'm using IE 7 version 7.0.6001.18000 and have Norton Internet Security
> 2009 installed cannot seem to find anywhere to change the setting so
> this stops.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Drew

Andrew S

Re: Adobe Flash player
Thanks!!! Will do that the next time it does it.

Drew

> You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security applications)
> when you install software.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Andrew S wrote:
>> I have been going crazy with IE and the adobe flash player. I keep
>> tell it to allow it when ever it asks me to install it. It installs but
>> latter I have to do it again so almost every time I get to a site that
>> uses it I have to install it again.
>>
>> I'm using IE 7 version 7.0.6001.18000 and have Norton Internet Security
>> 2009 installed cannot seem to find anywhere to change the setting so this
>> stops.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Drew

Sven Pran

Re: Adobe Flash player

> You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security applications)
> when you install software.

"any other security application" - that depends on the security application.

There exists first class security applications that can continue fully
enabled while installing software without causing any problem. (The one I am
using is one)

regards Sven

Leonard Grey

Re: Adobe Flash player
Judging from all the computer problems you've been having lately, Sven,
and your well-demonstrated unwillingness to follow directions, I don't
see you as being in the best position to offer advice.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Sven Pran wrote:

>> You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security
>> applications) when you install software.

> "any other security application" - that depends on the security
> application.
>
> There exists first class security applications that can continue fully
> enabled while installing software without causing any problem. (The one
> I am using is one)
>
> regards Sven

LC

Re: Adobe Flash player
My adobe flash player has issues whenever I download the new IE 7 security
update. It will work perfectly fine until I update the cummulative security
and when I undo the download my player works again.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Judging from all the computer problems you've been having lately, Sven,
> and your well-demonstrated unwillingness to follow directions, I don't
> see you as being in the best position to offer advice.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Sven Pran wrote:
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security
> >> applications) when you install software.

> > "any other security application" - that depends on the security
> > application.
> >
> > There exists first class security applications that can continue fully
> > enabled while installing software without causing any problem. (The one
> > I am using is one)
> >
> > regards Sven

Re: Adobe Flash player
[Do you have several threads going in AumHa Forums to which you've not
replied?]

Andrew S wrote:
> I have been going crazy with IE and the adobe flash player. I keep loading
> and loading and loading the damm thing just doesn't install. I tell it to
> allow it when ever it asks me to install it. It installs but latter I have
> to do it again so almost every time I get to a site that uses it I have to
> install it again.
>
> I'm using IE 7 version 7.0.6001.18000 and have Norton Internet Security
> 2009
> installed cannot seem to find anywhere to change the setting so this
> stops.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Drew

Herb Mann

Re: Adobe Flash player
Same problem, except Chrome and Safari find the Flash Player and uses it. IE7
keeps telling me I need the latest version of Flash and then apparently does
not download it. Well, actually it must since the other browser find it. I
even disabled my anti-virus programs. Although what is NIS?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Judging from all the computer problems you've been having lately, Sven,
> and your well-demonstrated unwillingness to follow directions, I don't
> see you as being in the best position to offer advice.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Sven Pran wrote:
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> You need to temporarily disable NIS (and any other security
> >> applications) when you install software.

> > "any other security application" - that depends on the security
> > application.
> >
> > There exists first class security applications that can continue fully
> > enabled while installing software without causing any problem. (The one
> > I am using is one)
> >
> > regards Sven

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Adobe Flash player

"Herb Mann" <HerbMann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E147EC5C-A2C9-4B4B-BB68-0D8343C448EF@microsoft.com...
> Same problem, except Chrome and Safari find the Flash Player and uses it.

Not the same program. Different implementation.

> IE7
> keeps telling me I need the latest version of Flash and then apparently does
> not download it. Well, actually it must since the other browser find it. I
> even disabled my anti-virus programs. Although what is NIS?
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Judging from all the computer problems you've been having lately, Sven,
>> and your well-demonstrated unwillingness to follow directions, I don't
>> see you as being in the best position to offer advice.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Sven Pran wrote:
>> >
>> > "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "any other security application" - that depends on the security
>> > application.
>> >
>> > There exists first class security applications that can continue fully
>> > enabled while installing software without causing any problem. (The one
>> > I am using is one)
>> >
>> > regards Sven

Herb Mann

Re: Adobe Flash player