Vertical Pop Out Menu Nightmares!!!!!

Brittagyrl

Vertical Pop Out Menu Nightmares!!!!!
IE7 has been a horror from a design perspective.

Our site:

http://library.weber.edu/

Has a vertical Pop-out menu which works fine in virtually ALL of the other
Browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Opera UNTIL we try to open it in IE7.
Since we converted to IE7, we have received more complaints about the website
than any other time, ever!

Do you geniuses have any suggestions to fix our Pop-Out Menu?
Leonard Grey

Re: Vertical Pop Out Menu Nightmares!!!!!
Post in a newsgroup that helps people with coding?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Brittagyrl wrote:
> IE7 has been a horror from a design perspective.
>
> Our site:
>
> http://library.weber.edu/
>
> Has a vertical Pop-out menu which works fine in virtually ALL of the other
> Browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Opera UNTIL we try to open it in IE7.
> Since we converted to IE7, we have received more complaints about the website
> than any other time, ever!
>
> Do you geniuses have any suggestions to fix our Pop-Out Menu?

C A Upsdell

Brittagyrl wrote:
> IE7 has been a horror from a design perspective.
>
> Our site:
>
> http://library.weber.edu/
>
> Has a vertical Pop-out menu which works fine in virtually ALL of the other
> Browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Opera UNTIL we try to open it in IE7.
> Since we converted to IE7, we have received more complaints about the website
> than any other time, ever!
>
> Do you geniuses have any suggestions to fix our Pop-Out Menu?

What I see is that, with IE7, secondary menus lose the hover if the
cursor is not pointing to the link.

This may be a z-index problem, which IE does not quite get right. Make
sure that all of the rectangle holding secondary menu items has the same
z-index.

Re: Vertical Pop Out Menu Nightmares!!!!!
The left-hand fly-out menu works fine in IE7 here (but the pic directly
above it doesn't display).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Brittagyrl wrote:
> IE7 has been a horror from a design perspective.
>
> Our site:
>
> http://library.weber.edu/
>
> Has a vertical Pop-out menu which works fine in virtually ALL of the other
> Browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Opera UNTIL we try to open it in IE7.
> Since we converted to IE7, we have received more complaints about the
> website than any other time, ever!
>
> Do you geniuses have any suggestions to fix our Pop-Out Menu?

rob^_^

Re: Vertical Pop Out Menu Nightmares!!!!!
Hi Brittagyrl,

You page at http://library.weber.edu/ contains markup errors..... the first
table on the page has a different number of cells per row.... You have
deleted or added a colspan and not all of the rows of the table count to 6
columns per row.