How to delete single Browser History URLs?

Paul Tander

How to delete single Browser History URLs?
All recently visited URLs are stored in IntExps History.

How can I delete some (but not all) of them ?

I want to delete e.g. the 4th from the top.
How do I do this?

Is the history stored in Registry or in a directory?

Paul

John

Re: How to delete single Browser History URLs?

"Paul Tander" <paul_t1000@gmx.net> wrote in message
> I want to delete e.g. the 4th from the top.
> How do I do this?

Right click - Delete

> Is the history stored in Registry or in a directory?

HD

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Paul Tander wrote:
> All recently visited URLs are stored in IntExps History.
>
> How can I delete some (but not all) of them ?
>
> I want to delete e.g. the 4th from the top.
> How do I do this?
>
> Is the history stored in Registry or in a directory?
>
> Paul

What happens if you start typing in the URL in the address bar, and when the
offending item comes up, press the Delete key?

Don Varnau

Re: How to delete single Browser History URLs?
Hi,
Assuming XP or Vista and IE6 or IE7. This URL might be in the TypedURLs
registry key.

This free program makes editing the list safe and easy
EditURLs http://www.aandrc.com/editurls/index.htm

Or the list may be edited manually:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:

If the URL is in the History folder, this free program will be able to find
and delete it.
IEHistoryView (Nirsoft) http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Paul Tander" <paul_t1000@gmx.net> wrote in message
> All recently visited URLs are stored in IntExps History.
>
> How can I delete some (but not all) of them ?
>
> I want to delete e.g. the 4th from the top.
> How do I do this?
>
> Is the history stored in Registry or in a directory?
>
> Paul

Steve Winograd

On 19 Dec 2008 18:35:31 GMT, paul_t1000@gmx.net (Paul Tander) wrote:

>All recently visited URLs are stored in IntExps History.
>
>How can I delete some (but not all) of them ?
>
>I want to delete e.g. the 4th from the top.
>How do I do this?
>
>Is the history stored in Registry or in a directory?
>
>Paul

I don't think that Microsoft provides a way to do this. You can do it
with the free "IEHistoryViewer" utility from Nirsoft:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

django is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to delete single Browser History URLs?
This is what I am trying to find out.
Somebody out there must know the answer.

controlhistory is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to delete single Browser History URLs?
Hi,
My company has created a product that could solve this problem. Our software, ControlHistory allows you to selectively or completely delete your history. You can download it from ControlHistory :: Home. It supports
IE (ver. 6+)
Firefox (ver. 3+)
Chrome (ver. 1+)
Google Desktop Search
Many programs like MS Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader, WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc. that save their history in the Registry.

You can use the software for free to view your history but to be able to delete it you need a license. The cost of a license is USD 0.99 (99 cents).