Vista & IE7

-=JLK=-

Vista & IE7
, it doesn't even run Microsofts own web sites, this one in particular. The
"expand" posts link doesn't work, everytime I hit a microsoft site it wants
to install silverlight (even though I've installed it 10 times). Go back to
the drawing board. This has got to be the WORST release in Microsofts
history. It has gotten so bad that I finally installed FireFox. It runs
99.9% of the time without errors. IE7 is so bad, it won't run video files
when they are the object of a link. IE7 constantly locks up requiring a
reboot. And don't get me started on Vista. I've been a PC and Microsoft
user since 1983. I'm buying a MAC as my next computer. This has gotten so
bad, I'm so fed up. This is to the point that I'm thinking of Microsoft
stuff like I think of American cars. I don't want anything to do with either
of them.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

https://www.microsoft.com/communitie...orer. general
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Vista & IE7

"-=JLK=-" <-=JLK=-@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:841671B2-0EA8-4B63-AF82-60D58088F8F7@microsoft.com...
>, it doesn't even run Microsofts own web sites, this one in particular.

Make sure you aren't misinterpreting your (undisclosed) symptoms.

> The "expand" posts link doesn't work,

That feature only works on the newsgroup message list,
not on a search results list.

> everytime I hit a microsoft site it wants
> to install silverlight (even though I've installed it 10 times).

No it doesn't. It just indicates that Silverlight is available,
not that you need it or even that you don't have it installed.

---

master_man

RE: Vista & IE7
yes finally!
someone who agrees with me

i say microsoft has gotten worse and worse to the point where its so pethetic.
windows 2000, was the year microsoft made the best operating system, which
founded XP which was just as good. IE 6 well that was good, not top but good.
Now IE7 and the Beta release of IE8, and with winows 7 coming soon (probably
even more pethetic than Vista) i think its safe to say, move over microsoft
give some else a chance to make success.

""for microsoft staff and other associates: "Article 19 of the International
Covenant on Civil and Political Rights":""
this is my opinnion and freedom of speech:
some of the microsoft executives and the higher paid positions, are so
arrogant and stubborn i think a bull will do a better job at listening. they
are so shocking. they have a meeting/conference, we try to give them ideas,
comments, etc, they just give us the shove, and tell us "if you don't like
it, tough" or "find something else".