ie 7 problem with websites

master_man

ie 7 problem with websites
ie 7 has so many compatibility issues with websites

some of the websites i visit ie 7 crashes or freezes or stops responding

its the worst version of ie ever in terms of compatibilty

does anyone have any way of making these things stop
i have windows update on and automatic and have every update available for
vista and ie installed. so what do i do now?

if i cant fix, i've had enough and i will move to mozilla firefox permantely
like so many other users who are fed up with ie.
Daniel Crichton

Re: ie 7 problem with websites
master_man wrote on Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:10:03 -0800:

> ie 7 has so many compatibility issues with websites

> some of the websites i visit ie 7 crashes or freezes or stops
> responding

> its the worst version of ie ever in terms of compatibilty

> does anyone have any way of making these things stop i have windows
> update on and automatic and have every update available for vista and
> ie installed. so what do i do now?

> if i cant fix, i've had enough and i will move to mozilla firefox
> permantely like so many other users who are fed up with ie.

If you read most of the threads in this group you will see that the first
thing to try is No Add-ons mode. If that solves the issues then its not IE
at fault - it's an add-on. Major culprits include Google Toolbar, Java, and
Flash 10, so try disabling those first if you have them. If in normal mode
with these disabled you still have problems the only solution is disable all
the add-ons and enable each in turn and test until you find which one is
causing the problem.

--
Dan

Leonard Grey

Re: ie 7 problem with websites
How can anyone help you when you don't explain what "compatibility
issues" you are having or what websites give you these issues?

What will you do when you come up against "compatibility issues" with
Firefox? Opera, maybe?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

master_man wrote:
> ie 7 has so many compatibility issues with websites
>
> some of the websites i visit ie 7 crashes or freezes or stops responding
>
> its the worst version of ie ever in terms of compatibilty
>
> does anyone have any way of making these things stop
> i have windows update on and automatic and have every update available for
> vista and ie installed. so what do i do now?
>
> if i cant fix, i've had enough and i will move to mozilla firefox permantely
> like so many other users who are fed up with ie.

master_man

Re: ie 7 problem with websites
ive actually tested firefox on a friends computer and it opens all websites
and works good, and its even got this nifty little centre where you download
all add-ons straight from firefox without visiting each website individually
for download.