IE7 not saving cookies

Dora

IE7 not saving cookies
I'm have a problem. I just upgraded to IE7 and it no longer saves my cookies,
despite me having it set to accept all cookies. Nothing I do fixes it and I'm
at my wits end! Please, help me. I have several sites that I click the little
box to automatically log me in. When I close my browser and bring the site
back up, it's logged me out. It's frustrating me. No one else in my household
has this problem.
Daniel Crichton

Re: IE7 not saving cookies
Dora wrote on Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:05:03 -0800:

> I'm have a problem. I just upgraded to IE7 and it no longer saves my
> cookies, despite me having it set to accept all cookies. Nothing I do
> fixes it and I'm at my wits end! Please, help me. I have several sites
> that I click the little box to automatically log me in. When I close
> my browser and bring the site back up, it's logged me out. It's
> frustrating me. No one else in my household has this problem.

I dealt with a support call from a member of one my sites a few days ago
about a similar thing, and it ended up being CA Security Suite on his PC
cleaning up cookies automatically when IE was closed. I'd suggest looking at
any other software you have running on your PC that might have a cookie
blocking/cleaning facility and ensuring that it's disabled - Norton being
the most obvious and widely installed one, if you have any Norton/Symantec
apps installed I'd look there first.

--
Dan

Dora

Re: IE7 not saving cookies
"Daniel Crichton" wrote:

> Dora wrote on Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:05:03 -0800:
>
> > I'm have a problem. I just upgraded to IE7 and it no longer saves my
> > cookies, despite me having it set to accept all cookies. Nothing I do
> > fixes it and I'm at my wits end! Please, help me. I have several sites
> > that I click the little box to automatically log me in. When I close
> > my browser and bring the site back up, it's logged me out. It's
> > frustrating me. No one else in my household has this problem.

> I dealt with a support call from a member of one my sites a few days ago
> about a similar thing, and it ended up being CA Security Suite on his PC
> cleaning up cookies automatically when IE was closed. I'd suggest looking at
> any other software you have running on your PC that might have a cookie
> blocking/cleaning facility and ensuring that it's disabled - Norton being
> the most obvious and widely installed one, if you have any Norton/Symantec
> apps installed I'd look there first.
>
> --
> Dan

I do not use any Norton or Symantec programs. None of my anti virus is
running when it happens. I do not leave these programs on. I only turn them
on when I want to scan.

Dora