Does Personalized Favorites work in Vista?

Mark M

Does Personalized Favorites work in Vista?
Hi,
I have a month old laptop with Home Premium and IE7. I imported all my
favorites from my desktop a month ago. I enalbed personalized favorites a
month ago. After 2 weeks of use and nothing I checked again and the check
mark was off that option. So I checked it again 2 weeks ago. It still has not
activated and the opton is still checked. I only use the laptop about once a
day but my desktop enabled this option in XP within 2 days. I do access my
favorites from the top line menu not the yellow star. Any ideas or doesn't
this feature work in Vista?
Seymour Newman

Re: Does Personalized Favorites work in Vista?
It doesn't work in IE7 and Vista.

--

Seymour

"Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a month old laptop with Home Premium and IE7. I imported all my
> favorites from my desktop a month ago. I enalbed personalized favorites a
> month ago. After 2 weeks of use and nothing I checked again and the check
> mark was off that option. So I checked it again 2 weeks ago. It still has
> not
> activated and the opton is still checked. I only use the laptop about once
> day but my desktop enabled this option in XP within 2 days. I do access my
> favorites from the top line menu not the yellow star. Any ideas or doesn't
> this feature work in Vista?

Re: Does Personalized Favorites work in Vista?
Only if UAC/Protected Mode is disabled (which I would NOT recommend doing).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mark M wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a month old laptop with Home Premium and IE7. I imported all my
> favorites from my desktop a month ago. I enalbed personalized favorites a
> month ago. After 2 weeks of use and nothing I checked again and the check
> mark was off that option. So I checked it again 2 weeks ago. It still has
> not activated and the opton is still checked. I only use the laptop about
> once a day but my desktop enabled this option in XP within 2 days. I do
> access my favorites from the top line menu not the yellow star. Any ideas
> or doesn't this feature work in Vista?

Mark M

Re: Does Personalized Favorites work in Vista?
Thanks for the commenst. Does anyone know if MSoft is going to fix this? If
not does anyone know of any free sorting software for favorites?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Only if UAC/Protected Mode is disabled (which I would NOT recommend doing).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Mark M wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a month old laptop with Home Premium and IE7. I imported all my
> > favorites from my desktop a month ago. I enalbed personalized favorites a
> > month ago. After 2 weeks of use and nothing I checked again and the check
> > mark was off that option. So I checked it again 2 weeks ago. It still has
> > not activated and the opton is still checked. I only use the laptop about
> > once a day but my desktop enabled this option in XP within 2 days. I do
> > access my favorites from the top line menu not the yellow star. Any ideas
> > or doesn't this feature work in Vista?

Robert Aldwinckle

"Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AAD9BE-879E-4A43-8DA5-C175E6D6294D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the commenst.

> Does anyone know if MSoft is going to fix this?

Obsolete in IE8.

---