Favorites IE7 did not change after rearrange in Windows Explorer

ozarkie

Favorites IE7 did not change after rearrange in Windows Explorer
I did a major rearrangement of my Favorites in IE7. Because you can only
arrange links one at a time in IE7 itself, I elected to move multiple links
and folders around using SHIFT or CTRL and drag and drop of multiple files
while in the "Documents and Settings/username/Favorites folder". The
rearrangement looks fine in Windows Explorer, however when I open IE7, the
original Favorites folder appears with no changes showing.

I saw in another thread that possibly one should click on the Favorites
folder and uncheck the read-only attribute. The export file from IE7 is in
html format, the favorites in Windows Explorer are in shortcut file format.

How is the best way to get my rearranged Favorites to appear in IE7?
Thanks.
ozarkie

RE: Favorites IE7 did not change after rearrange in Windows Explorer
To all...I closed and reopened IE7 and the newly rearranged favorites were
there after all.

The new ones moved down to the bottom of the list instead of the order I had
put them ( I have a LONG list of favorites). Senior moment. Sorry for the
inconvenience. No need to reply to this post. Didn't know how to edit or
remove my first post.

ozarkie