Internet Explorer prompts prevent accessing e-mail.

shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com

Internet Explorer prompts prevent accessing e-mail.
I have been getting Internet Explorer windows popping up today
whenever i accessed my Juno e-mail home page. One window popped up and
has this: RMO!10. When i closed it, another window immediately popped
up with these #'s: 1229639159. Each time i tried to close a window,
another one popped up with different numbers. I hope this isn't a
virus of some type. I didn't want to type in a password just in case
it is a virus. Any ideas what this could be?
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer prompts prevent accessing e-mail.
Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

Comprehensive anti-malware software scans for all types of malicious
software in the background, on demand and on schedule. If you don't have
comprehensive anti-malware software, you're a sitting duck.

For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
scanners, such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and http://aumha.net -- but
not here. Within a day you'll have step-by-step advice from an expert on
cleaning up any malware infestations.

Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
show the computer to a professional. You might need to erase your hard
drive and start over.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On Dec 18, 4:17*pm, Leonard Grey <l.g...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.
>
> Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
> latest signatures and run a full scan.
>
> Comprehensive anti-malware software scans for all types of malicious
> software in the background, on demand and on schedule. If you don't have
> comprehensive anti-malware software, you're a sitting duck.
>
> For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
> scanners, such as:
> Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
> Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)
>
> Download HijackThis fromwww.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
> post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
> spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, andhttp://aumha.net-- but
> not here. Within a day you'll have step-by-step advice from an expert on
> cleaning up any malware infestations.
>
> Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
> infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
> show the computer to a professional. You might need to erase your hard
> drive and start over.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>

> shareyourknowle...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I have been getting *Internet Explorer windows popping up today
> > whenever i accessed my Juno e-mail home page. One window popped up and
> > has this: RMO!10. When i closed it, another window immediately popped
> > up with these #'s: 1229639159. Each time i tried to close a window,
> > another one popped up with different numbers. I hope this isn't a
> > virus of some type. I didn't want to type in a password just in case
> > it is a virus. Any ideas what this could be?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your reply. I did a full scan and everything is clean. I
did delete all cookies and history files, then re-started the computer
and then was able to acess my acct. I will definitely update ny virus
software.Have a great holiday!