IE 7 Problems

Don

IE 7 Problems
I have a lot of problems with pc. Will describe simptons hoping that someone
can alleviate my pain. Explorer displays home page (Yahoo) fine, when I
click on some urls, it says page not found, if using Firefox, it will always
take me to another page other than the one I want. So I figure there's a
virus or malware on the pc.

I can't use internet to update Virus/Malware software and this is
aggravating me.
Virus/Malware software saved in pc will not install.

So thought that I would delete IE7 and install IE8.
Went to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - to my surprise there's no
remove button for IE 7, only for the updates/patches.

I am trying avoid erasing the drives and start all over.
Any suggestions where to start?

Thanks in advance,
--
Don
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 Problems
Your problem with Internet Explorer is likely caused because you
installed software that is incompatible with Internet Explorer.

Your description of your inability to update your anti-malware software
is a typical indication that your computer is infected with malware.

Internet Explorer 8 has not been released and will not be released until
the middle of 2009.

You are best advised to show your computer to a professional for advice
and repair.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Don wrote:
> I have a lot of problems with pc. Will describe simptons hoping that someone
> can alleviate my pain. Explorer displays home page (Yahoo) fine, when I
> click on some urls, it says page not found, if using Firefox, it will always
> take me to another page other than the one I want. So I figure there's a
> virus or malware on the pc.
>
> I can't use internet to update Virus/Malware software and this is
> aggravating me.
> Virus/Malware software saved in pc will not install.
>
> So thought that I would delete IE7 and install IE8.
> Went to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - to my surprise there's no
> remove button for IE 7, only for the updates/patches.
>
> I am trying avoid erasing the drives and start all over.
> Any suggestions where to start?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Display name:

Re: IE 7 Problems
Start her up in Safe Mode with Networking and do an online scan.

Don wrote:
> I have a lot of problems with pc. Will describe simptons hoping that
> someone can alleviate my pain. Explorer displays home page (Yahoo)
> fine, when I click on some urls, it says page not found, if using
> Firefox, it will always take me to another page other than the one I
> want. So I figure there's a virus or malware on the pc.
>
> I can't use internet to update Virus/Malware software and this is
> aggravating me.
> Virus/Malware software saved in pc will not install.
>
> So thought that I would delete IE7 and install IE8.
> Went to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - to my surprise there's no
> remove button for IE 7, only for the updates/patches.
>
> I am trying avoid erasing the drives and start all over.
> Any suggestions where to start?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Re: IE 7 Problems
posting to this newsgroup.

NB: If you installed IE7 & then installed WinXP SP3, you will not be able to
uninstall IE7 unless you first uninstall WinXP SP3. See

PS: Uninstalling IE7 is not going to fix your hijackware problem.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/