Internet Explorer Immediately closes after being launched

Starfish

Internet Explorer Immediately closes after being launched
I'm running internet explorer 6 on a windows 2003 server. Whenever I attempt
to launch internet explorer, it get about 3 quarters of the way to loading
the page and then IE closes. In the Event Log, I see the following error:

Faulting application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x67b222a6

I did scan for spyware and found two things that I removed. I still have to
reboot to completely remove them however. I did try it again after removing
the two spyware items and it is still closing. I will do a reboot when
convenient and see if it goes away.. Any other suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!!

Starfish

RE: Internet Explorer Immediately closes after being launched
I rebooted the server and this did not fix the issue

"Starfish" wrote:

> I'm running internet explorer 6 on a windows 2003 server. Whenever I attempt
> to launch internet explorer, it get about 3 quarters of the way to loading
> the page and then IE closes. In the Event Log, I see the following error:
>
> Faulting application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module
> unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x67b222a6
>
> I did scan for spyware and found two things that I removed. I still have to
> reboot to completely remove them however. I did try it again after removing
> the two spyware items and it is still closing. I will do a reboot when
> convenient and see if it goes away.. Any other suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated!!

Daniel Crichton

Starfish wrote on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:27:01 -0800:

> I'm running internet explorer 6 on a windows 2003 server. Whenever I
> attempt to launch internet explorer, it get about 3 quarters of the
> way to loading the page and then IE closes. In the Event Log, I see
> the following error:

> Faulting application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting
> module unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x67b222a6

> I did scan for spyware and found two things that I removed. I still
> have to reboot to completely remove them however. I did try it again
> after removing the two spyware items and it is still closing. I will
> do a reboot when convenient and see if it goes away.. Any other
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Have you recently installed an update for a plugin, for instance Flash 10?
If so, remove it and see if that helps.

Take a look through the list of Add-ons you have in IE and try disabling all
of them, and then re-enable one by one till you find the culprit.

Also, this newsgroup is for IE7 (at present, it will be for IE8 when the
final release comes out). For IE6 the correct group to post to is
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

--
Dan

ju.c

Re: Internet Explorer Immediately closes after being launched
IE7 Exits Immediately After Starting

Open the Run box and enter:
regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\IEProxy.dll"

Microsoft Help Page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928427/en-us

IE Stops Responding, Stops Working, or Restarts:

ju.c