IE 7 freezes on me

Eric

IE 7 freezes on me
Hi All,

When ever IE freezes on me and on also the live Messenger version: 2008
build: 8.5 1302 1018 is frozen as well. IE could freeze while trying to open
a web site and probably get stuck on the JS some where, not so sure. It does
not happen all the time.

I have Kiwee attached to that messenger window on the left when I need to
type to somebody. I think that may cause me that problem.
I don't have the Kiwee toolbar but those icons stuck to the Messenger window
and under Un Install I can't find anything about it.

How to remove that Kiwee from the Messenger? Or I could remove the IE 7 and
Un install while removing all references from the registry.

Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits

Any idea?

Thanks,

Eric

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 freezes on me
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed, such as browser
toolbars, are damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Eric wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When ever IE freezes on me and on also the live Messenger version: 2008
> build: 8.5 1302 1018 is frozen as well. IE could freeze while trying to open
> a web site and probably get stuck on the JS some where, not so sure. It does
> not happen all the time.
>
> I have Kiwee attached to that messenger window on the left when I need to
> type to somebody. I think that may cause me that problem.
> I don't have the Kiwee toolbar but those icons stuck to the Messenger window
> and under Un Install I can't find anything about it.
>
> How to remove that Kiwee from the Messenger? Or I could remove the IE 7 and
> Un install while removing all references from the registry.
>
> Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Sven Pran

Re: IE 7 freezes on me
I am currently running my IE7 in 'No Add-Ons mode' but I expect it to take
at least a week with error-free operation in this mode before I can assume
that the IE7 freezes are gone.

Please tell me how in case I can identify (within reasonable time) which
add-on is causing the problem.

If the procedure is to enable one add-on at a time it will take me at least
two months of testing if the culprit is one of the un-certified add-ons and
probably a full year if it can be any one of the add-ons on my system.

I sure hope there can be a more direct way?

regards Sven

> Problems can result when add-ons you have installed, such as browser
> toolbars, are damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box
> > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being caused
> by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how to
> identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey

Duane Hebert

Re: IE 7 freezes on me

"Sven Pran" <no.direct@mail.please> wrote in message
>I am currently running my IE7 in 'No Add-Ons mode' but I expect it to take
>at least a week with error-free operation in this mode before I can assume
>that the IE7 freezes are gone.
>
> Please tell me how in case I can identify (within reasonable time) which
> add-on is causing the problem.
>
> If the procedure is to enable one add-on at a time it will take me at
> least two months of testing if the culprit is one of the un-certified
> add-ons and probably a full year if it can be any one of the add-ons on my
> system.
>
> I sure hope there can be a more direct way?

Funny but I posted the same problem and got the same suggestion.
And the answer is to enable them until it hangs.

I'm down to 26 disabled add-ons. I have the feeling that it's one
called YInstStarter Class or the Java Plug-in 1.4.2_19. But I mostly
disabled the ones that I don't use or know and it seems to have stopped
freezing. If I can verify it, I will post the one causing the problem.

Re: IE 7 freezes on me
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

No, you cannot uninstall IE7 in Vista.

You can post your Windows Live Messenger queries in this newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ve.mess enger

In your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Eric wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When ever IE freezes on me and on also the live Messenger version: 2008
> build: 8.5 1302 1018 is frozen as well. IE could freeze while trying to
> open
> a web site and probably get stuck on the JS some where, not so sure. It
> does
> not happen all the time.
>
> I have Kiwee attached to that messenger window on the left when I need to
> type to somebody. I think that may cause me that problem.
> I don't have the Kiwee toolbar but those icons stuck to the Messenger
> window
> and under Un Install I can't find anything about it.
>
> How to remove that Kiwee from the Messenger? Or I could remove the IE 7
> and
> Un install while removing all references from the registry.
>
> Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Eric

Re: IE 7 freezes on me
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I am using the Google toolbar and never had
problems. I un installed Kiwee and it was not a complete un install. So I
need to find out how to clear that. In the Live Messenger NG nobody provided
really answers to that problem so far. At least I got a direction from here.

Regards,

Eric.