My.live.com personalized homepage

Oz

My.live.com personalized homepage
Hi - due to the current security flaw with IE I'm using Apple Safari for a
few days (which I really don't like). My homepage in IE is set to
http://my.live.com and I have a personalized homepage set up (with weather,
news, mail, stocks quotes etc. set up. I have tried to set the Safari
homepage to the same address, but all it does is open the live search screen
and give me a link to the 'new' live homepage (the one that's more like
Facebook). I cannot find any links to my personalized homepage anywhere.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get my personalized homepage in Safari
please as this is really frustrating. Is it a Safari issue, or have MS just
removed the link to my personalized homepage?

Thanks, Oz

P.S. I know I could use all the workarounds in IE, but would prefer to get
it working in Safari.
Don Varnau

Re: My.live.com personalized homepage
Hi,
At http://www.live.com with Safari are you signing in (link in the upper
right of the page?) Also, it might help to delete any live.com cookies from
Safari (Edit> Preferences> Security.)
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - due to the current security flaw with IE I'm using Apple Safari for a
> few days (which I really don't like). My homepage in IE is set to
> http://my.live.com and I have a personalized homepage set up (with

weather,
> news, mail, stocks quotes etc. set up. I have tried to set the Safari
> homepage to the same address, but all it does is open the live search

screen
> and give me a link to the 'new' live homepage (the one that's more like
> Facebook). I cannot find any links to my personalized homepage anywhere.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get my personalized homepage in

Safari
> please as this is really frustrating. Is it a Safari issue, or have MS

just
> removed the link to my personalized homepage?
>
> Thanks, Oz
>
> P.S. I know I could use all the workarounds in IE, but would prefer to get
> it working in Safari.

Oz

Re: My.live.com personalized homepage
Hi Don,

Yes I'm signing in and when I have it just takes me to the Live Search page.
There is a link to Windows Live in the top left and that take me to my 'new'
Live Homepage with mail and Network info etc. There used to be a link to my
personalised homepage, but this seems to have disappeared.

I've tried deleting all the cookies etc. but it still does the same. If
you've got any more ideas I'd be really grateful.

Thanks.

Re: My.live.com personalized homepage
Why do you post a question about Safari in an IE newsgroup?

Oz wrote:
> Hi - due to the current security flaw with IE I'm using Apple Safari for a
> few days (which I really don't like). My homepage in IE is set to
> http://my.live.com and I have a personalized homepage set up (with
> weather,
> news, mail, stocks quotes etc. set up. I have tried to set the Safari
> homepage to the same address, but all it does is open the live search
> screen
> and give me a link to the 'new' live homepage (the one that's more like
> Facebook). I cannot find any links to my personalized homepage anywhere.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get my personalized homepage in
> Safari
> please as this is really frustrating. Is it a Safari issue, or have MS
> just
> removed the link to my personalized homepage?
>
> Thanks, Oz
>
> P.S. I know I could use all the workarounds in IE, but would prefer to get
> it working in Safari.

Don Varnau

Re: My.live.com personalized homepage
Hi,
Sorry, no other ideas on the my.live problem. There is good news in that
there's a patch for the latest, well publicized IE vulnerability.
If Automatic Updates didn't download, or at least notify you of it, go to

> Hi Don,
>
> Yes I'm signing in and when I have it just takes me to the Live Search

page.
> There is a link to Windows Live in the top left and that take me to my

'new'
> Live Homepage with mail and Network info etc. There used to be a link to

my
> personalised homepage, but this seems to have disappeared.
>
> I've tried deleting all the cookies etc. but it still does the same. If
> you've got any more ideas I'd be really grateful.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,
At http://www.live.com with Safari are you signing in (link in the upper
right of the page?) Also, it might help to delete any live.com cookies from
Safari (Edit> Preferences> Security.)
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - due to the current security flaw with IE I'm using Apple Safari for a
> few days (which I really don't like). My homepage in IE is set to
> http://my.live.com and I have a personalized homepage set up (with

weather,
> news, mail, stocks quotes etc. set up. I have tried to set the Safari
> homepage to the same address, but all it does is open the live search

screen
> and give me a link to the 'new' live homepage (the one that's more like
> Facebook). I cannot find any links to my personalized homepage anywhere.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get my personalized homepage in

Safari
> please as this is really frustrating. Is it a Safari issue, or have MS

just
> removed the link to my personalized homepage?
>
> Thanks, Oz
>
> P.S. I know I could use all the workarounds in IE, but would prefer to get
> it working in Safari.

Oz

Re: My.live.com personalized homepage
Don - thanks for your help - I've installed the patch and am happily back
using IE and have my personalised homepage.

PA Bear - I posted a question here as I didn't know whether the problem was
browser related or whether MS had changed the way my.live.com worked. It
seems that the issue is the browser, but as feedback for MS it would be worth
putting a link to users' personalized live.com homepage on the search page so
that users of other browsers can use that excellent functionality.