Word Docs not automatially opening in mail

Ed from WGNY

Word Docs not automatially opening in mail
I need some help, please. When I go to my cable mail or even aol mail to
open a word doc or pdf file, I can only save them and then can open them. I
alos get a "find" message to find a program on the internet to view them
with. The latter is ridiculous because I have both programs on my computer.
At work I just open them up without having to save them first. Any ideas
how to fix this on my home computer? It is very irritating.

Thanks so much,
Ed
Bruce Hagen

Re: Word Docs not automatially opening in mail
Save the attachment to your HDD. Right click on it and Open With | Choose
Program. Find and choose a program that works and then check the box: Always
use this program to open this kind of file. This should enable you to open
these attachments in the future.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Ed from WGNY" <Ed from WGNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news205263F-92EF-476B-828B-A3A4CE30F760@microsoft.com...
>I need some help, please. When I go to my cable mail or even aol mail to
> open a word doc or pdf file, I can only save them and then can open them.
> alos get a "find" message to find a program on the internet to view them
> with. The latter is ridiculous because I have both programs on my
> computer.
> At work I just open them up without having to save them first. Any ideas
> how to fix this on my home computer? It is very irritating.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Ed

Ed from WGNY

Re: Word Docs not automatially opening in mail
Bruce that didn't work. Any other ideas? It still asks me if I want to save
it or find a program on the web. Any other ideas? Could it be that I am
using the AOL tool bar?

Sure appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Ed

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Save the attachment to your HDD. Right click on it and Open With | Choose
> Program. Find and choose a program that works and then check the box: Always
> use this program to open this kind of file. This should enable you to open
> these attachments in the future.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Ed from WGNY" <Ed from WGNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news205263F-92EF-476B-828B-A3A4CE30F760@microsoft.com...
> >I need some help, please. When I go to my cable mail or even aol mail to
> > open a word doc or pdf file, I can only save them and then can open them.
> > alos get a "find" message to find a program on the internet to view them
> > with. The latter is ridiculous because I have both programs on my
> > computer.
> > At work I just open them up without having to save them first. Any ideas
> > how to fix this on my home computer? It is very irritating.
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> > Ed

Bruce Hagen

Re: Word Docs not automatially opening in mail
Can't answer that. It could be AOL related, but I can't say for sure. I
would never have AOL as an e-mail client because it dictates to you how to
send mail. (i.e. you can only forward as an attachment).