I.E.7 requires constant installation of Adobe Flash

Jack

I.E.7 requires constant installation of Adobe Flash
It is beyond me why this is happening but whenever
I access a website that requires Adobe Flash, the
webpage doesn't come up, but instead tells me that
I have to download and install Adobe Flash.

If I do, and later come back to that same website,
it happens again????

If I enter the URL in Firefox it automatically opens
showing the flash introduction.

I am using Windows Vista 64x but use the 32x
I.E. 7 ..

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks..

Re: I.E.7 requires constant installation of Adobe Flash
What version of Flash Player is installed?

Does this happen at any website with Flash content or just some? If the
latter, which ones?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jack wrote:
> It is beyond me why this is happening but whenever
> I access a website that requires Adobe Flash, the
> webpage doesn't come up, but instead tells me that
> I have to download and install Adobe Flash.
>
> If I do, and later come back to that same website,
> it happens again????
>
> If I enter the URL in Firefox it automatically opens
> showing the flash introduction.
>
> I am using Windows Vista 64x but use the 32x
> I.E. 7 ..
>
> Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks..

Dave

Re: I.E.7 requires constant installation of Adobe Flash
Dear Mr Dyer
I have the same problem and it happens at all sites. I have version 10a
installed but its vista ultimate 32 bit. I can't even update at the adobe
site as it tells me my platform is not supported.

Thanks
> What version of Flash Player is installed?
>
> Does this happen at any website with Flash content or just some? If the
> latter, which ones?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jack wrote:
>> It is beyond me why this is happening but whenever
>> I access a website that requires Adobe Flash, the
>> webpage doesn't come up, but instead tells me that
>> I have to download and install Adobe Flash.
>>
>> If I do, and later come back to that same website,
>> it happens again????
>>
>> If I enter the URL in Firefox it automatically opens
>> showing the flash introduction.
>>
>> I am using Windows Vista 64x but use the 32x
>> I.E. 7 ..
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
>>
>> Thanks..

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Dave" <dayo@hemscott.net> wrote in message
> Dear Mr Dyer
> I have the same problem and it happens at all sites. I have version 10a
> installed but its vista ultimate 32 bit. I can't even update at the adobe
> site as it tells me my platform is not supported.
>
> Thanks
>> What version of Flash Player is installed?
>>
>> Does this happen at any website with Flash content or just some? If the
>> latter, which ones?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Jack wrote:
>>> It is beyond me why this is happening but whenever
>>> I access a website that requires Adobe Flash, the
>>> webpage doesn't come up, but instead tells me that
>>> I have to download and install Adobe Flash.
>>>
>>> If I do, and later come back to that same website,
>>> it happens again????
>>>
>>> If I enter the URL in Firefox it automatically opens
>>> showing the flash introduction.
>>>
>>> I am using Windows Vista 64x but use the 32x
>>> I.E. 7 ..
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks..

Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
If there are still problems see
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb

Error message when you try to open an ActiveX control-based MIME handler in
Windows Internet Explorer 7: "Invalid character"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934366

Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
Flash Player Installation.
See
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: I.E.7 requires constant installation of Adobe Flash
See Frank's reply or begin a new thread to avoid confusion, please.