my main hatred for Internet Explorer

zdaman101

my main hatred for Internet Explorer
I would just like to let you know why i am leaving Internet Explorer and
instead going to Firefox. Hopefully you can fix this problem so that I can
come back to your product in the future. Whenever I have multiple pages open
and one page crashes, Internet Explorer thinks that it needs to shut down all
open pages. This is a big hassle for me seeing that i usually have 4
different screens open with multiple tabs each. In Firefox when one screen
crashes, it shuts down just that screen, leaving all the others open. Also in
Firefox when I open up the browser after having a screen crash, it gives me
the option of restoring my previous session with all the tabs being reloaded.
I have never been given this option in IE. Once you guys add basic stuff like
this into your software I will once again because a Microsoft believer.
Firefox has had these options for well over a year now. Why don't you all?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: my main hatred for Internet Explorer
Evidentally, you are not aware that this is a peer-to-peer newsgroup. No
one works for Microsoft or represents Microsoft. We are fellow computer
users trying to help each other out with questions and problems about
Internet Explorer.

Consequently, no one really cares what browser you use, and we are
obviously in no position to fix your problem. If you want to contact
Internet Explorer developers your best bet is to post in one of their blogs.

Experience has shown that Internet Explorer (and Firefox) crash mostly
for reasons that can be diagnosed and solved. The first set of problems
relates to how the product was installed. Since you neglected to mention
what version of Windows you are using, I can't say whether this might
apply to you.

The second set of problems relates to incompatible browser add-ons. To
troubleshoot this you start the browser with no add-ons -- in Internet
Explorer you start the browser in 'No Add-Ons' mode; and in Firefox you
start the browser in 'Safe Mode' -- and then add back one add-on at a
time until you discover which add-on causes the problem. You can then
take the matter up with whomever wrote the add-on.

Good luck to you.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

zdaman101 wrote:
> I would just like to let you know why i am leaving Internet Explorer and
> instead going to Firefox. Hopefully you can fix this problem so that I can
> come back to your product in the future. Whenever I have multiple pages open
> and one page crashes, Internet Explorer thinks that it needs to shut down all
> open pages. This is a big hassle for me seeing that i usually have 4
> different screens open with multiple tabs each. In Firefox when one screen
> crashes, it shuts down just that screen, leaving all the others open. Also in
> Firefox when I open up the browser after having a screen crash, it gives me
> the option of restoring my previous session with all the tabs being reloaded.
> I have never been given this option in IE. Once you guys add basic stuff like
> this into your software I will once again because a Microsoft believer.
> Firefox has had these options for well over a year now. Why don't you all?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: my main hatred for Internet Explorer
Crash recovery's included in IE8 Beta 2.

That being said, why is IE7 crashing in the first place?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

zdaman101 wrote:
> I would just like to let you know why i am leaving Internet Explorer and
> instead going to Firefox. Hopefully you can fix this problem so that I can
> come back to your product in the future. Whenever I have multiple pages
> open
> and one page crashes, Internet Explorer thinks that it needs to shut down
> all open pages. This is a big hassle for me seeing that i usually have 4
> different screens open with multiple tabs each. In Firefox when one screen
> crashes, it shuts down just that screen, leaving all the others open. Also
> in Firefox when I open up the browser after having a screen crash, it
> gives
> me the option of restoring my previous session with all the tabs being
> reloaded. I have never been given this option in IE. Once you guys add
> basic stuff like this into your software I will once again because a
> Microsoft believer. Firefox has had these options for well over a year
> now.
> Why don't you all?

Fuzzy Logic

Re: my main hatred for Internet Explorer
=?Utf-8?B?emRhbWFuMTAx?= <zdaman101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I would just like to let you know why i am leaving Internet Explorer and
> instead going to Firefox. Hopefully you can fix this problem so that I
> can come back to your product in the future. Whenever I have multiple
> pages open and one page crashes, Internet Explorer thinks that it needs
> to shut down all open pages. This is a big hassle for me seeing that i
> usually have 4 different screens open with multiple tabs each. In
> Firefox when one screen crashes, it shuts down just that screen, leaving
> all the others open. Also in Firefox when I open up the browser after
> having a screen crash, it gives me the option of restoring my previous
> session with all the tabs being reloaded. I have never been given this
> option in IE. Once you guys add basic stuff like this into your software
> I will once again because a Microsoft believer. Firefox has had these
> options for well over a year now. Why don't you all?

Many third party 'skins' for IE will save your pages in the event of a
crash. I use Avant and it does this. I believe Maxthon also has this
ability. Both of these programs offer many improvements over IE.