IE 7 Security Glitch

Zygy

IE 7 Security Glitch
I am advised that to overcome the current security glitch on IE 7 one should
upgrade its security to the maximum - how do I do it? and what are the
disadvantages?

I am also advised that to overcome the current problem on IE 7 whilst
Microsoft is constructing a software patch to cure it, one could use another
provider of a web browser - where do I find those?

Gordon

Re: IE 7 Security Glitch
"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am advised that to overcome the current security glitch on IE 7 one
>should upgrade its security to the maximum - how do I do it? and what are
>the disadvantages?

Tool-Internet Options-Security might be a reasonable place to start....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Kayman

Re: IE 7 Security Glitch
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:50:28 -0000, Zygy wrote:

> I am advised that to overcome the current security glitch on IE 7 one should
> upgrade its security to the maximum - how do I do it? and what are the
> disadvantages?
>
> I am also advised that to overcome the current problem on IE 7 whilst
> Microsoft is constructing a software patch to cure it, one could use another
> provider of a web browser - where do I find those?

Internet Explorer 7 Desktop Security Guide.
A guidance for Enhancing Internet Explorer Security for Desktop Users.

The Internet Explorer 7 Security Status Bar.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../security.mspx

Internet Explorer and Extended Validation SSL certificates
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...v/default.mspx

Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration changes the browsing
experience

Re: IE 7 Security Glitch
EDIT:

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for December 2008:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-dec.mspx

================================

See the General Information subsections of
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ry/961051.mspx for
additional guidance, Zygy.

Make certain the Automatic Updates is enabled so that you'll receive any
out-of-band security updates related to this and other Advisories as soon as
they're released.

FYI:

<QP>
"I cannot recommend people switch [browsers] due to this one flaw," said
John Curran, head of Microsoft UK's Windows group.

He added: "We're trying to get this resolved as soon as possible.

"At present, this exploit only seems to affect 0.02% of internet sites,"
said Mr Curran. "In terms of vulnerability, it only seems to be affecting
IE7 [1] users at the moment, but could well encompass other versions in
time."
</QP>
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm

========
[1] While this may have been MS's position when Mr. Curran was quoted, the
vulnerability affects all IE versions and all Windows versions.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/