Automatic scrolling in IE7

memaloe

Automatic scrolling in IE7
Whenever I am reading the news on any website (even msn.com or yahoo.com or
msnbc.com) my screen will automatically scroll all the way to the bottom and
I move the curser to where I was and it will scroll back down in a few
seconds. There is nothing wrong with my keyboard and I have no idea how to
fix this problem. It's driving me crazy and making reading the news a big
pain.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I would greatly
appreciate it.
Best regards.
Don Varnau

Re: Automatic scrolling in IE7
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)

Do you have another mouse you can try?

Or, this may be due to a browser add-on.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"memaloe" <memaloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I am reading the news on any website (even msn.com or yahoo.com

or
> msnbc.com) my screen will automatically scroll all the way to the bottom

and
> I move the curser to where I was and it will scroll back down in a few
> seconds. There is nothing wrong with my keyboard and I have no idea how

> fix this problem. It's driving me crazy and making reading the news a big
> pain.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I would greatly
> appreciate it.
> Best regards.

Re: Automatic scrolling in IE7
See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b7538391?hl=en
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

memaloe wrote:
> Whenever I am reading the news on any website (even msn.com or yahoo.com
> or
> msnbc.com) my screen will automatically scroll all the way to the bottom
> and
> I move the curser to where I was and it will scroll back down in a few
> seconds. There is nothing wrong with my keyboard and I have no idea how
> fix this problem. It's driving me crazy and making reading the news a big
> pain.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I would greatly
> appreciate it.
> Best regards.

memaloe

THANKS!!!!
It's Windows XP and when I went to disable add-ons(from one of the links you
suggested) I was shocked at all of the garbage that was in there and deleted
a bunch of things that I don't use at all, (ICQ, game add-ons, etc.) and that
did the trick thanks sooooo much for your help. I am now a happy surfer!!!

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)
>
> Do you have another mouse you can try?
>
> Or, this may be due to a browser add-on.
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "memaloe" <memaloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I am reading the news on any website (even msn.com or yahoo.com

> or
> > msnbc.com) my screen will automatically scroll all the way to the bottom

> and
> > I move the curser to where I was and it will scroll back down in a few
> > seconds. There is nothing wrong with my keyboard and I have no idea how

> > fix this problem. It's driving me crazy and making reading the news a big
> > pain.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I would greatly
> > appreciate it.
> > Best regards.

Don Varnau

Re: THANKS!!!!
You're welcome. Glad you got it resolved.