Links Toolbar Disappears When I Close IE7

Chad

Links Toolbar Disappears When I Close IE7
I have my Favorites neatly organized in the Links toolbar for IE7. Every time
I close IE and then reopen the Links bar has disappeared and I have to go to
View - Toolbars - Links and add it back.

I have my toolbars set to Locked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Links Toolbar Disappears When I Close IE7
What third-party toolbars are installed (e.g., Google; Windows Live/MSN;
Yahoo; Skype)?

One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Chad wrote:
> I have my Favorites neatly organized in the Links toolbar for IE7. Every
> time I close IE and then reopen the Links bar has disappeared and I have
> go to View - Toolbars - Links and add it back.
>
> I have my toolbars set to Locked.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Chad

Re: Links Toolbar Disappears When I Close IE7
No add-ons. Just formatted and re-loaded Vista.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What third-party toolbars are installed (e.g., Google; Windows Live/MSN;
> Yahoo; Skype)?
>
> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
> but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
> (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Chad wrote:
> > I have my Favorites neatly organized in the Links toolbar for IE7. Every
> > time I close IE and then reopen the Links bar has disappeared and I have
> > go to View - Toolbars - Links and add it back.
> >
> > I have my toolbars set to Locked.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!

Re: Links Toolbar Disappears When I Close IE7
Why did you just format & reinstall Vista?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Was a Norton or McAfee free-trial preinstalled on the machine when you
bought it?

Also see the section "Fixing the Links folder" here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fa...orer-is-empty/

Chad wrote:
> No add-ons. Just formatted and re-loaded Vista.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> What third-party toolbars are installed (e.g., Google; Windows Live/MSN;
>> Yahoo; Skype)?
>>
>> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
>> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These
>> include but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
>> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
>> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone
>> Alarm (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Chad wrote:
>>> I have my Favorites neatly organized in the Links toolbar for IE7. Every
>>> time I close IE and then reopen the Links bar has disappeared and I have
>>> go to View - Toolbars - Links and add it back.
>>>
>>> I have my toolbars set to Locked.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

VanguardLH

Chad wrote:

> I have my Favorites neatly organized in the Links toolbar for IE7. Every time
> I close IE and then reopen the Links bar has disappeared and I have to go to
> View - Toolbars - Links and add it back.
>
> I have my toolbars set to Locked.

Usually caused by a corruption in the toolbar layout for IE as recorded
in the registry. See:

http://www.popupcop.com/help/faq-toolbar.html#1