IE8

benglerth

IE8
I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen pops
up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close.
What should I do?
Colton

Re: IE8
Beglerth.

What you're experiencing is a crash. However, you have not supplied
enough information with your question for us to successfully help you with
your problem. It would helpful if you could post us the information that the
crash window shows you. Here's how.

When the window pops up telling you that Internet Explorer has
encountered an error and needs to close, there should be a button that says
"Details", or something along that line. Please post everything in the box
that pops up when you click "Details" so that we may see exactly what the
error code is.

--

Colton, PHP/VB6/HTML/CSS/Javscript/IIS/Apache
OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1

- http://explosion.debug-inc.com
- educability@gmail.com

"benglerth" <benglerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen
>pops
> up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.
> What should I do?

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE8
Remove IE 8 Beta. It is not a finished program.

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

IE8 Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"benglerth" <benglerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen
>pops
> up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.
> What should I do?

Re: IE8
[When do your classes start again, Colton?]

Colton wrote:
> Beglerth.
>
> What you're experiencing is a crash. However, you have not supplied
> enough information with your question for us to successfully help you with
> your problem. It would helpful if you could post us the information that
> the
> crash window shows you. Here's how.
>
> When the window pops up telling you that Internet Explorer has
> encountered an error and needs to close, there should be a button that
> says
> "Details", or something along that line. Please post everything in the box
> that pops up when you click "Details" so that we may see exactly what the
> error code is.
>

> "benglerth" <benglerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen
>> pops
>> up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to
>> close.
>> What should I do?

Colton

Re: IE8
Classes on?

--

Colton, PHP/VB6/HTML/CSS/Javscript/IIS/Apache
OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1
Location: North Carolina

- http://explosion.debug-inc.com
- educability@gmail.com
- AIM: Trouncing

*Please include that you recieved my contact information from the newsgroup, or your message will be ignored.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23RlFvQ0XJHA.5272@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> [When do your classes start again, Colton?]
>
> Colton wrote:
>> Beglerth.
>>
>> What you're experiencing is a crash. However, you have not supplied
>> enough information with your question for us to successfully help you with
>> your problem. It would helpful if you could post us the information that
>> the
>> crash window shows you. Here's how.
>>
>> When the window pops up telling you that Internet Explorer has
>> encountered an error and needs to close, there should be a button that
>> says
>> "Details", or something along that line. Please post everything in the box
>> that pops up when you click "Details" so that we may see exactly what the
>> error code is.
>>

>> "benglerth" <benglerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen
>>> pops
>>> up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to
>>> close.
>>> What should I do?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE8
"benglerth" <benglerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed IE 8 and ever since everytime i click on Favorites a screen
>pops
> up and tell me that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.
> What should I do?

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Larry Crites

Re: IE8
Computers 101.

"Colton" <educability@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Classes on?
>
> --
>
> Colton, PHP/VB6/HTML/CSS/Javscript/IIS/Apache
> OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1
> Location: North Carolina
>
> - http://explosion.debug-inc.com
> - educability@gmail.com
> - AIM: Trouncing
>
> *Please include that you recieved my contact information from the
> newsgroup, or your message will be ignored.

>> [When do your classes start again, Colton?]
>>
>> Colton wrote:
>>> Beglerth.
>>>
>>> What you're experiencing is a crash. However, you have not supplied
>>> enough information with your question for us to successfully help you
>>> with
>>> your problem. It would helpful if you could post us the information that
>>> the
>>> crash window shows you. Here's how.
>>>
>>> When the window pops up telling you that Internet Explorer has
>>> encountered an error and needs to close, there should be a button that
>>> says
>>> "Details", or something along that line. Please post everything in the
>>> box
>>> that pops up when you click "Details" so that we may see exactly what
>>> the
>>> error code is.

Colton

Re: IE8
Blah, blah. More helping, less bitching.

--
Colton [North Carolina]