IE 7

David

IE 7
I reluctantly downloaded IE 7. I was as happy as one can be using IE 6 but
got very tired of the prompt to update. Now the problems begin.

1. When I try to print emails from HotMail the print is either microscopic
or doesn't format to the page width (no consistency). I didn't change any
settings nor can I find a way to fix the problem.
2. On the web page finance.Yahoo I used to have receive updated realtime
stock quotes. Now that doesn't happen. The web page freezes with the time
it was opened.

When installing IE 7 I checked the box to maintain preferences. I didn't
want any of my settings changed. Perhaps there was some type of conflict???

I have uninstalled IE 7 which reverted my computer back to IE 6 (although IE
6 is NOT listed on the applications list to add or uninstall).

I still incur the above problems. Any advice?
Thanks.
--
David
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed, such as browser
toolbars, are damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

David wrote:
> I reluctantly downloaded IE 7. I was as happy as one can be using IE 6 but
> got very tired of the prompt to update. Now the problems begin.
>
> 1. When I try to print emails from HotMail the print is either microscopic
> or doesn't format to the page width (no consistency). I didn't change any
> settings nor can I find a way to fix the problem.
> 2. On the web page finance.Yahoo I used to have receive updated realtime
> stock quotes. Now that doesn't happen. The web page freezes with the time
> it was opened.
>
> When installing IE 7 I checked the box to maintain preferences. I didn't
> want any of my settings changed. Perhaps there was some type of conflict???
>
> I have uninstalled IE 7 which reverted my computer back to IE 6 (although IE
> 6 is NOT listed on the applications list to add or uninstall).
>
> I still incur the above problems. Any advice?
> Thanks.

Re: IE 7
A1. IE7 features Shrink To Fit printing. Adjust this at File | Print
preview before printing. (If you uninstalled IE7 successfully, printing
should be as it used to be.)

A2. Could be due to one or more of your Add-ons or even a "horked" install
of IE7.
--
~PA Bear