internet explorer malfunction

PRESTOjackpotUmotherFrUCKerOPENSESAME

internet explorer malfunction
When I try to open Microsoft internet explorer by double clicking the "e"
icon or clicking a link to get to internet explorer, the explorer pops up for
approx. 1/5 of a second and then automatically closes. I tried restarting and
shutting down my computer, however, the problem persists. I also tried
shutting off my keyboard & mouse. Nothing helped. The only thing I've done
differently in the last 24 to 48 hours was I downloaded Google Desktop &
Google Chrome. I believe it might be possible that downloading Google Chrome
has somehow interfered with my windows. I did not choose to change my
defaults & make Google Chrome my internet browser. I continued to use
Microsoft Internet Explorer. I have a feeling that downloading Google Chrome
or Google Desktop has somehow after 24 hours sabotaged my internet explorer
from running smoothly or normally. What do you suggest I do. Is it possible
to uninstall windows internet explorer & then re-install it again? If so How
and should i get rid of this Google Garbage tool bar???!!
Don Varnau

Re: internet explorer malfunction
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)
Which version of Internet Explorer?

Your symptoms are usually caused by a browser add-on. Google
toolbar/desktop, etc are prime suspects.

Uninstall all Google programs from Add or remove programs (XP) or Control
Panel> Programs and features (Vista.)

Chrome is probably not the culprit. Try installing the Google toolbar. If
that does not cause the problem, try Google desktop.

If a Google app is not the problem, look at other add-ons.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"PRESTOjackpotUmotherFrUCKerOPENSESAME"
<PRESTOjackpotUmotherFrUCKerOPENSESAME[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:B4A12B91-2304-4635-A1F4-9629B14A3DBD@microsoft.com...