Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Internet explore 7 crashes on start

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2008
Rakesh
 

Posts: n/a
Internet explore 7 crashes on start
As soon as I start ie 7 I gets error "an unhandled win32 exception occured in
iexplore.exe [1244]" and application crashes.

Anybody please suggest what's need to be done to fix this problem


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2008
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista?

1. Check for an incompatible browser add-on.
For troubleshooting information see:
928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

3. This may be a malware problem
See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:

The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Removing Malware:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware

Partial list of forums- there are others:
http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
you choose, for specific instructions.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D196568-1377-4F21-ABD4-7897084EB2CC@microsoft.com...
> As soon as I start ie 7 I gets error "an unhandled win32 exception occured

in
> iexplore.exe [1244]" and application crashes.
>
> Anybody please suggest what's need to be done to fix this problem


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2008
Rakesh
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start
Thanks Don for quick reply.
OS is XP with SP3.



"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Windows XP or Vista?
>
> 1. Check for an incompatible browser add-on.
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>
> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
> as the cause.
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> 3. This may be a malware problem
> See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
> of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:
>
> The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
> Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> Removing Malware:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
>
> Partial list of forums- there are others:
> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
> http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
>
> You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
> one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
> you choose, for specific instructions.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9D196568-1377-4F21-ABD4-7897084EB2CC@microsoft.com...
> > As soon as I start ie 7 I gets error "an unhandled win32 exception occured

> in
> > iexplore.exe [1244]" and application crashes.
> >
> > Anybody please suggest what's need to be done to fix this problem

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
R. P.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start
"Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90763F47-B873-4BDC-9645-E8006FE46A19@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Don for quick reply.
> OS is XP with SP3.


I have the same or similar problem that started manifesting itself only this
afternoon on my XP machine only, with SP3. I did send an error report to MS
but let me also reproduce here the explanation I've got from the error
report:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16762 ModName:
mshtml.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16762 Offset: 000bc1bb

This problem makes my main PC pretty much useless right now.

RP

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start

"R. P." <r_pol12gar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23YmCqPxXJHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:90763F47-B873-4BDC-9645-E8006FE46A19@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Don for quick reply.
> > OS is XP with SP3.


> I have the same or similar problem that started manifesting itself only

this
> afternoon on my XP machine only, with SP3. I did send an error report to

MS
> but let me also reproduce here the explanation I've got from the error
> report:
>
> AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16762 ModName:
> mshtml.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.6000.16762 Offset: 000bc1bb
>
> This problem makes my main PC pretty much useless right now.
>
> RP


Hi,
Please work through the troubleshooting steps I posted.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start
Hi,
Please work through the troubleshooting steps I posted.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90763F47-B873-4BDC-9645-E8006FE46A19@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Don for quick reply.
> OS is XP with SP3.


> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Windows XP or Vista?
> >
> > 1. Check for an incompatible browser add-on.
> > For troubleshooting information see:
> > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an

add-on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >
> > More at:
> > Problem: Crashes or hangs
> > http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
> >
> > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party

program
> > as the cause.
> > 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> > Windows Vista:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
> >
> > 3. This may be a malware problem
> > See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to

one
> > of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:
> >
> > The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >
> > Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >
> > Removing Malware:
> > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
> >
> > Partial list of forums- there are others:
> > http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
> > http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
> > http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
> > http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
> > http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
> > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
> >
> > You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look

for
> > one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever

forum
> > you choose, for specific instructions.


> > "Rakesh" <Rakesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:9D196568-1377-4F21-ABD4-7897084EB2CC@microsoft.com...
> > > As soon as I start ie 7 I gets error "an unhandled win32 exception

occured
> > in
> > > iexplore.exe [1244]" and application crashes.
> > >
> > > Anybody please suggest what's need to be done to fix this problem


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
R. P.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Internet explore 7 crashes on start
"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote:
> Please work through the troubleshooting steps I posted.


I have, but that didn't help. However, after some time I tried to run IE
again, and the problem no longer existed. Strange.
Thanks for the tips, anyway.

RP

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explore 8 Features VertoX7 microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 09-03-2008 21:35
internet explore elmowings microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 07-16-2008 17:05
Explorer.exe crashes when open, explore, or empty the Recycle bin Michael W. microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-14-2008 03:27
Installing network printer crashes windows explore Rev microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 08-22-2007 21:01
Internet Explore problems paula microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-05-2007 22:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120