IE6 to IE7

Rod

IE6 to IE7
Hi

a work collegue, after using IE7 at work with tabbed browsing, and really
liking it, decided to upgrade her home PC fro IE6 to IE7.

Upgrade went fine, but when she opens up a second or third tab, those tabs
freeze on a clean white page, no data at all, no rendering. The first initial
tab is usable, and she can surf web fine in it, but going back to 2nd or 3rd
tabs, thet remain a clean white page.

XP Pro SP3 and IE7.

Has uninstalled IE7, reverted back to IE6, and reinstalled IE7 for the same
result.

Any thoughts? If a security setting, wouldnt that be effecting first tab as
well?

Rgds
Rod
Leonard Grey

Re: IE6 to IE7
Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.

Problems can also result when add-ons you have installed, such as
browser toolbars, are damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est