Possible to prevent navigation from current page?

wal

Possible to prevent navigation from current page?
IE7 XP Home

Is it possible to open a web page in such a way that you cannot
navigate away from that page?

For example, if you go to radiotime.com and open a streaming site, a
new page opens with the address bar grayed out. It is therefore
impossible to navigate from that page. You either leave it open or
close it.

Sometimes I would like an ordinary page to behave in the same way.
This way, if you're on that page and want to open another page from
Favorites or a hyperlink, you won't lose that page.

(Incidentally, when you have several pages open, and then open a new
page from Favorites, what governs which page is the one navigated
from?)

Thanks.
Donald Anadell

Re: Possible to prevent navigation from current page?

"wal" <honyakuka@aol.com> wrote in message
> IE7 XP Home
>
> Is it possible to open a web page in such a way that you cannot
> navigate away from that page?
>
> For example, if you go to radiotime.com and open a streaming site, a
> new page opens with the address bar grayed out. It is therefore
> impossible to navigate from that page. You either leave it open or
> close it.

The type of window you see at radiotime.com is a scripted window using the
"window.open" method. Using the "location=no" parameter in a scripted
window causes the Address Bar to be grayed out in IE7 and in IE6 removes the
Address bar completely. You have no Client side control over this type
window with regard to what is or is not displayed in the generated window.

> Sometimes I would like an ordinary page to behave in the same way.
> This way, if you're on that page and want to open another page from
> Favorites or a hyperlink, you won't lose that page.

Try unchecking "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"... Tools||Internet
Options||Advanced||Browsing

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> (Incidentally, when you have several pages open, and then open a new
> page from Favorites, what governs which page is the one navigated
> from?)
>
> Thanks.

wal

Re: Possible to prevent navigation from current page?
That works. Thanks.

> Try unchecking "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"... *Tools||Internet
> Options||Advanced||Browsing

Donald Anadell

Re: Possible to prevent navigation from current page?

"wal" <honyakuka@aol.com> wrote in message
That works. Thanks.

You're welcome wal, and good luck.

Donald Anadell