IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11

George

IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
Sun just release J6 update 11. Is this compatible with the current release
of IE7? Is there a website where I can find a list of compatible software.

Thanks. George

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
jre v1.6.0_11 is fully compatible with IE7.

cf. http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37284
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

George wrote:
> Sun just release J6 update 11. Is this compatible with the current
> release
> of IE7? Is there a website where I can find a list of compatible
> software.
>
> Thanks. George

markdauvid

RE: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
i guess this is the only way i get give input. have you noticed that java is
missing from internet options advanced. i have spoken with a microsoft person
and they told me it wasn't supposed to be there but i know it had been there
for years and years and yes it is compatible with ie7.

"George" wrote:

> Sun just release J6 update 11. Is this compatible with the current release
> of IE7? Is there a website where I can find a list of compatible software.
>
> Thanks. George

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
> have you noticed that java is
> missing from internet options advanced.

Not here (IE7 in WinXP SP3).

markdauvid wrote:
> i guess this is the only way i get give input. have you noticed that java
> is
> missing from internet options advanced. i have spoken with a microsoft
> person and they told me it wasn't supposed to be there but i know it had
> been there for years and years and yes it is compatible with ie7.
>
> "George" wrote:
>
>> Sun just release J6 update 11. Is this compatible with the current
>> release
>> of IE7? Is there a website where I can find a list of compatible
>> software.
>>
>> Thanks. George

markdauvid

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
java is missing from advanced in internet options in ie7 but it is still in
ie7. i play a java game and when i do the java symbol shows in the system
tray. i still miss it being in advanced. i also do not know why they messed
with auto-complete.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
a java
> > have you noticed that java is
> > missing from internet options advanced.

> Not here (IE7 in WinXP SP3).
>

> markdauvid wrote:
> > i guess this is the only way i get give input. have you noticed that java
> > is
> > missing from internet options advanced. i have spoken with a microsoft
> > person and they told me it wasn't supposed to be there but i know it had
> > been there for years and years and yes it is compatible with ie7.
> >
> > "George" wrote:
> >
> >> Sun just release J6 update 11. Is this compatible with the current
> >> release
> >> of IE7? Is there a website where I can find a list of compatible
> >> software.
> >>
> >> Thanks. George

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
IE7 Tools | Internet Options | Advanced: If you don't see "Java (Sun)"
listed about halfway down that tab, either you don't have Sun Java runtimes
installed or it's not installed properly.

If you have the most recent version installed properly, you should see "Use
JRE v1.6.0_11 for <applet> (requires restart)" here.
--
~PA Bear

markdauvid wrote:
> java is missing from advanced in internet options in ie7 but it is still
> in
> ie7. i play a java game and when i do the java symbol shows in the system
> tray. i still miss it being in advanced. i also do not know why they
> messed
> with auto-complete.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> a java
>>> have you noticed that java is
>>> missing from internet options advanced.

>> Not here (IE7 in WinXP SP3).
>>

>> markdauvid wrote:
>>> i guess this is the only way i get give input. have you noticed that
>>> java
>>> is
>>> missing from internet options advanced. i have spoken with a microsoft
>>> person and they told me it wasn't supposed to be there but i know it had
>>> been there for years and years and yes it is compatible with ie7.

markdauvid

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
that is no longer true. if you try and install java it will tell you it is
already installed. as i previously mentioned i have a java game i play in ie7
and when it opens the java symbol opens in the system tray.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> IE7 Tools | Internet Options | Advanced: If you don't see "Java (Sun)"
> listed about halfway down that tab, either you don't have Sun Java runtimes
> installed or it's not installed properly.
>
> If you have the most recent version installed properly, you should see "Use
> JRE v1.6.0_11 for <applet> (requires restart)" here.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> markdauvid wrote:
> > java is missing from advanced in internet options in ie7 but it is still
> > in
> > ie7. i play a java game and when i do the java symbol shows in the system
> > tray. i still miss it being in advanced. i also do not know why they
> > messed
> > with auto-complete.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> > a java
> >>
> >> Not here (IE7 in WinXP SP3).

markdauvid

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> IE7 Tools | Internet Options | Advanced: If you don't see "Java (Sun)"
> listed about halfway down that tab, either you don't have Sun Java runtimes
> installed or it's not installed properly.
>
> If you have the most recent version installed properly, you should see "Use
> JRE v1.6.0_11 for <applet> (requires restart)" here.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> markdauvid wrote:
> > java is missing from advanced in internet options in ie7 but it is still
> > in
> > ie7. i play a java game and when i do the java symbol shows in the system
> > tray. i still miss it being in advanced. i also do not know why they
> > messed
> > with auto-complete.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> > a java
> >>
> >> Not here (IE7 in WinXP SP3).

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

markdauvid wrote:

> that is no longer true. if you try and install java it will tell you it is
> already installed. as i previously mentioned i have a java game i play in
> ie7 and when it opens the java symbol opens in the system tray.

See if this helps:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-7f7a25a8e887

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> IE7 Tools | Internet Options | Advanced: If you don't see "Java (Sun)"
>> listed about halfway down that tab, either you don't have Sun Java
>> runtimes installed or it's not installed properly.
>>
>> If you have the most recent version installed properly, you should see
>> "Use JRE v1.6.0_11 for <applet> (requires restart)" here.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> markdauvid wrote:
>>> java is missing from advanced in internet options in ie7 but it is still
>>> in
>>> ie7. i play a java game and when i do the java symbol shows in the
>>> system tray. i still miss it being in advanced. i also do not know why
>>> they messed
>>> with auto-complete.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> a java

Re: IE 7 Compatible with Java 6 Update 11
What is no longer true? Are you telling me that I'm not seeing what I'm
seeing in Advanced tab? Might you have a "horked" install of, e.g., jre
v1.6.0_11? Have you uninstalled all previous JRE versions? cf.