Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or by ic

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
championsdad06
 

Posts: n/a
Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or by ic
Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
their Internet Explorer Favorites.


----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
williamtell
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or by ic
right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
DOH!
--
WT


"championsdad06" wrote:

> Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> their Internet Explorer Favorites.
>
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
championsdad06
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or b
DUH yourself WT. There is no sort by icon availability.

"williamtell" wrote:

> right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
> you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
> DOH!
> --
> WT
>
>
> "championsdad06" wrote:
>
> > Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> > function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> > their Internet Explorer Favorites.
> >
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
williamtell
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or b
i quote Homer Simpson, put your finger to work and drag them!
--
WT


"championsdad06" wrote:

> DUH yourself WT. There is no sort by icon availability.
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
> > right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
> > you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
> > DOH!
> > --
> > WT
> >
> >
> > "championsdad06" wrote:
> >
> > > Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> > > function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> > > their Internet Explorer Favorites.
> > >
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
championsdad06
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or b
It would be preferrable to group icons as the primary sorting rule and then
provide a subsorting rule for alphabetization.

"williamtell" wrote:

> right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
> you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
> DOH!
> --
> WT
>
>
> "championsdad06" wrote:
>
> > Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> > function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> > their Internet Explorer Favorites.
> >
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
championsdad06
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or b
well then, maybe in the backwoods where you live you don't have much data to
work with, but people who actually have to work daily with folders and
subfolders full of links do require multiple layers of data sorting. Please
go back and reboot with the dos disc in your 5" drive.

"williamtell" wrote:

> i quote Homer Simpson, put your finger to work and drag them!
> --
> WT
>
>
> "championsdad06" wrote:
>
> > DUH yourself WT. There is no sort by icon availability.
> >
> > "williamtell" wrote:
> >
> > > right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
> > > you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
> > > DOH!
> > > --
> > > WT
> > >
> > >
> > > "championsdad06" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> > > > function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> > > > their Internet Explorer Favorites.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ----------------
> > > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > > >
> > > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2008
williamtell
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or b
bottom line, your first post with your complaint was to a open news group,
all here are on a volunteer basis, no one works for MS. But knowing that you
are that one in a million PITA, I wil foward your suggestion to the proper
place for you because you just can not! Remember to take your meds!
--
WT


"championsdad06" wrote:

> It would be preferrable to group icons as the primary sorting rule and then
> provide a subsorting rule for alphabetization.
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
> > right click on a favorite and click sort by name, click and drag them where
> > you want them, click the green cross/gold star and choose organize favorites.
> > DOH!
> > --
> > WT
> >
> >
> > "championsdad06" wrote:
> >
> > > Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> > > function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> > > their Internet Explorer Favorites.
> > >
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2008
ju.c
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Suggestion to enable favorites sorting by alphabetization or by ic
Done.


Sort Favorites by Name

You can right-click on a Favorite and select
"Sort by Name", but this apparently only works
if done via the Menu Bar.
(File-Edit-View-Favorites-Tools-Help)

If that does not work:

Favorites May Not Sort in Alphabetical Order
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259735

- When you try to sort your favorites in alphabetical
order, some of the favorites may not appear in order.
- This issue can occur if you have more that 193
favorites listed on the Favorites menu.
- To resolve this issue, move the favorites into
subfolders, or delete any unused favorites until you
have less than 193.

Instructions:

1. It's easier to sort your Favorites into subfolders
using Windows Explorer than from inside IE. To open
your Favorites folder, open the Run box and enter:
%UserProfile%\Favorites\

2. To reset the sort order to alphabetical, and have
your settings remembered, copy below and paste into
Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
----------copy inside only----------

3. Save-as IE_Sort.reg (or any name + .reg).

4. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

5. Restart your computer.


ju.c


"championsdad06" <championsdad06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1B0805E5-5066-44A5-9355-5BD575350E2A@microsoft.com...
> Add a Management of Change order to your R&D department to implement a
> function so that users are able to select alphabetization or icon sorting of
> their Internet Explorer Favorites.
>
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
difference between 'Enable write cache ' & 'Enable advanced' Mick microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 08-18-2010 10:21
how to stop alphabetization of my favorites list? ecampvet Software Problems 0 11-12-2008 00:41
Add favorites using button adds to favorites bar instead of dropdo Sakemura microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 09-10-2008 08:01
How to stop IE from sorting favorites shlomi microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-03-2008 22:29
Sorting favorites alphabetically Bwohl microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 05-13-2007 16:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120