Problems with fillable areas or fields

IDRincon

Problems with fillable areas or fields
A couple of weeks ago, IE7 started to present a problem filling out blank
fillable fields and other fillable areas. Some examples: I cannot write on
the reply, new and forward area of a gmail form, I cannot write on the search
field on the main Facebook page, etc. If I go to the same pages using
Firefox, they work fine. Any ideas what maybe happening? Besides applying a
MS update a couple of week ago, I haven't change anything on the
configuration for IE or Windows.
Jim Maxwell

RE: Problems with fillable areas or fields
I am having exactly the same problem, have you managed to fix it yet

"IDRincon" wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago, IE7 started to present a problem filling out blank
> fillable fields and other fillable areas. Some examples: I cannot write on
> the reply, new and forward area of a gmail form, I cannot write on the search
> field on the main Facebook page, etc. If I go to the same pages using
> Firefox, they work fine. Any ideas what maybe happening? Besides applying a
> MS update a couple of week ago, I haven't change anything on the
> configuration for IE or Windows.

IDRincon

RE: Problems with fillable areas or fields
No... But reading other postings seems to be like something went wrong during
the first week of December with an update or something like that. There are
very similar problems being reported all over the place. I am suing Firefox
for now (and who knows... maybe forever)

"Jim Maxwell" wrote:

> I am having exactly the same problem, have you managed to fix it yet
>
> "IDRincon" wrote:
>
> > A couple of weeks ago, IE7 started to present a problem filling out blank
> > fillable fields and other fillable areas. Some examples: I cannot write on
> > the reply, new and forward area of a gmail form, I cannot write on the search
> > field on the main Facebook page, etc. If I go to the same pages using
> > Firefox, they work fine. Any ideas what maybe happening? Besides applying a
> > MS update a couple of week ago, I haven't change anything on the
> > configuration for IE or Windows.

Colton

Re: Problems with fillable areas or fields
IDRincon,

If you can find the applied update list, you can find the most recent
update that you installed for IE7 and uninstall it. If this fixes the
problem, then you can always block that update from being installed.

To find your applied update list, please follow these steps:
For Vista:
1) Click on your Start Menu, and proceed to your "Control Panel".
2) Click on the "Security" menu within your control panel.
3) Go to "View Installed Updates" under the "Windows Update"
menu.
4) Remove the update of which is effecting your IE7, and restart
your computer.

Hopefully this will fix your problem. If it persists, I would say do a
complete reinstall of IE7 from scratch.

--

Colton, PHP/VB6/HTML/CSS/Javscript/IIS/Apache
OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1

- http://explosion.debug-inc.com
- educability@gmail.com

"IDRincon" <IDRincon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No... But reading other postings seems to be like something went wrong
> during
> the first week of December with an update or something like that. There
> are
> very similar problems being reported all over the place. I am suing
> Firefox
> for now (and who knows... maybe forever)
>
> "Jim Maxwell" wrote:
>
>> I am having exactly the same problem, have you managed to fix it yet
>>
>> "IDRincon" wrote:
>>
>> > A couple of weeks ago, IE7 started to present a problem filling out
>> > blank
>> > fillable fields and other fillable areas. Some examples: I cannot write
>> > on
>> > the reply, new and forward area of a gmail form, I cannot write on the
>> > search
>> > field on the main Facebook page, etc. If I go to the same pages using
>> > Firefox, they work fine. Any ideas what maybe happening? Besides
>> > applying a
>> > MS update a couple of week ago, I haven't change anything on the
>> > configuration for IE or Windows.

Jim Maxwell

Re: Problems with fillable areas or fields
Thanks for the help. I eventually had to uninstall XP Service Pack 3,
uninstall IE 7, reinstall Svc pack 3 and IE7