internet explorer/media player after restore

Needhelpthanks

internet explorer/media player after restore
After I use windows restore point I can no longer click videos on web pages
and have them automatically start and play in windows media player like it
always has done. I use to get this same problem after restoring on my old xp
computer and I would simply uninstall and reinstall IE and it would correct
itself. Now I have Vista. I can't get rid of IE to reinstall it and now I
cannot correct the problem. I have no idea why using a restore point always
causes this problem but it does it on two different computers. One having Xp
and the other Vista. Any help to get these microsoft products to play nice
again would be appreciated. THanks
Needhelpthanks

RE: internet explorer/media player after restore
I forgot to mention the message I get when I click a video that Media Player
should just be opening and playing is Internet Explorer cannot display the
webpage and then it wants to diagnose my internet connection which absolutely
nothing is wrong with my internet. I can download safari, chrome, ff, and
the only thing I hate about those browsers is they want to download the file
first and then play it instead of just launching media player and letting
media player play the video.