IE 7

womanwarrior67

IE 7
i downloaded IE7 and since i upgraded my IE will not open. i click on it ,it
pops up for a brief moment then disappears. i cant delete it off my
computer,when i go to add/delete it brings it up says i use it frequently but
it wont let me take it off my computer. can someone help me with my problem?
and suggestions ?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7
Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

womanwarrior67 wrote:
> i downloaded IE7 and since i upgraded my IE will not open. i click on it ,it
> pops up for a brief moment then disappears. i cant delete it off my
> computer,when i go to add/delete it brings it up says i use it frequently but
> it wont let me take it off my computer. can someone help me with my problem?
> and suggestions ?

Re: IE 7
Are you running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3? If WinXP SP3, which was installed
first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

in the background when you installed IE7 and/or WinXP SP3?

Can you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/