Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen

RJQMAN

Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
I have loaded IE7 and every time it starts, I still get the Microsoft 'Get It
Now' screen instead of my home screen. My Internet options are set to the
home screen I want (which is google) but IE7 always starts with the 'get it
now' screen. How can I lose the Get It Now screen so that my start-up goes
to my home screen?
--
RJQ
Leonard Grey

Re: Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
Ignore the title and follow the directions:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385

A suggestion: Before posting a question, read through earlier posts to
see if you question has already been asked and answered...over and over
and over...
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

RJQMAN wrote:
> I have loaded IE7 and every time it starts, I still get the Microsoft 'Get It
> Now' screen instead of my home screen. My Internet options are set to the
> home screen I want (which is google) but IE7 always starts with the 'get it
> now' screen. How can I lose the Get It Now screen so that my start-up goes
> to my home screen?

theclyburns

Re: Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
Click on this link and it will fix the problem.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp.../ie7tlbfix.zip

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Ignore the title and follow the directions:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
>
> A suggestion: Before posting a question, read through earlier posts to
> see if you question has already been asked and answered...over and over
> and over...
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> RJQMAN wrote:
> > I have loaded IE7 and every time it starts, I still get the Microsoft 'Get It
> > Now' screen instead of my home screen. My Internet options are set to the
> > home screen I want (which is google) but IE7 always starts with the 'get it
> > now' screen. How can I lose the Get It Now screen so that my start-up goes
> > to my home screen?

Re: Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
See http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubles...sp#updatecheck

cf. IE7 Installation (and Uninstalling) and Anti-Malware Applications
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

RJQMAN wrote:
> I have loaded IE7 and every time it starts, I still get the Microsoft 'Get
> It Now' screen instead of my home screen. My Internet options are set to
> the home screen I want (which is google) but IE7 always starts with the
> 'get it now' screen. How can I lose the Get It Now screen so that my
> start-up goes to my home screen?

RJQMAN

RE: Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
Mr. Grey, I had searched for an answer, but perhaps I did not search enough.
I apologize for what must have been a question asked many times before.
Howe3ver, I went to the website recommended by you and by the Cliburns, and
tried to make the changes, and the problem was not solved. Many thanks to PA
Bear, as the site he sent me to mentioned that Spybot may have been blocking
the application, and he was 100% correct. i did a search on how to
temporarily disable Spybot, which I did. I then ran the script as
recommended, and the problem was solved immediately. I reactivated Spybot,
and I am posting this now in appreciation for the help received, and
hopefully to also help anyone else who might experience the same problem.
--
RJQ

"RJQMAN" wrote:

> I have loaded IE7 and every time it starts, I still get the Microsoft 'Get It
> Now' screen instead of my home screen. My Internet options are set to the
> home screen I want (which is google) but IE7 always starts with the 'get it
> now' screen. How can I lose the Get It Now screen so that my start-up goes
> to my home screen?
> --
> RJQ

Leonard Grey

Re: Cannot get rid of the 'get it now' screen
You're very welcome. Most security software will not allow most registry
edits unless you give your approval.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est