Status Bar Display

Steve-O

Status Bar Display
I frequently use AltaVista Image search to find specific images on the web.
When the search images would display, I could scroll over an image, and it
would show me the link in the status bar. My new computer has IE7, and now
when I scroll over the image, the status bar displays a string that always
starts "http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt..." The string is many characters long
with the last set of characters changing for each image.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed or can you no longer get the
link to display in the status bar?

--
Steve-O
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Status Bar Display

"Steve-O" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD946825-26D9-4F05-A3A8-4B84912FE955@microsoft.com...
>I frequently use AltaVista Image search to find specific images on the web.
> When the search images would display, I could scroll over an image, and it
> would show me the link in the status bar. My new computer has IE7, and now
> when I scroll over the image, the status bar displays a string that always
> starts "http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt..." The string is many characters long
> with the last set of characters changing for each image.
>

> Is there a setting that needs to be changed or can you no longer get the
> link to display in the status bar?

Maximize the window, e.g. press Alt-Space,M
If necessary change your Display resolution
and font size.

---

Steve-O

Re: Status Bar Display
I'm not sure what maximizing the window has to do with the issue. It already
was maximized. I can see the status bar, it just doesn't display the link
when have my cursor over the images in the serch results.
ju.c

Re: Status Bar Display
Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

"Steve-O" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DE3943-DF15-478E-B27D-610DE85E8888@microsoft.com...
> I'm not sure what maximizing the window has to do with the issue. It already
> was maximized. I can see the status bar, it just doesn't display the link
> when have my cursor over the images in the serch results.

ju.c

Re: Status Bar Display
Show the Full URL in the Status Bar

Create and merge this registry file to enable 'Show Full URL' in IE:

1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
"Show_FullURL"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Show_FullURL"="yes"

----------copy inside only----------

2. Save-as IE_ShowFullURL.reg (or any name + .reg)

3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

ju.c

"Steve-O" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD946825-26D9-4F05-A3A8-4B84912FE955@microsoft.com...
> I frequently use AltaVista Image search to find specific images on the web.
> When the search images would display, I could scroll over an image, and it
> would show me the link in the status bar. My new computer has IE7, and now
> when I scroll over the image, the status bar displays a string that always
> starts "http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt..." The string is many characters long
> with the last set of characters changing for each image.
>
> Is there a setting that needs to be changed or can you no longer get the
> link to display in the status bar?
>
> --
> Steve-O

Steve-O

Re: Status Bar Display
I assume you mean don't delete the original message in the reply window. I
guess that's just a personal preference. I think the e-mail gets too
cluttered, so I remove the history. The original post is still in the
disucssion chain anyway.
--
Steve-O

"ju.c" wrote:

> Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.
>

> "Steve-O" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DE3943-DF15-478E-B27D-610DE85E8888@microsoft.com...
> > I'm not sure what maximizing the window has to do with the issue. It already
> > was maximized. I can see the status bar, it just doesn't display the link
> > when have my cursor over the images in the serch results.

Steve-O

Re: Status Bar Display
I inserted this into the registry. It did not change anything. Most
internet sites I am on will show the full URL in the status bar. It just
seems to not display when hovering over the images in the search results
while doing image searches on altavista, which has been my preferred method
to do this kind of search.

Thanks for the response though.
--
Steve-O

"ju.c" wrote:

> Show the Full URL in the Status Bar
>

> Create and merge this registry file to enable 'Show Full URL' in IE:
>
> 1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.
>
> ----------copy inside only----------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
> "Show_FullURL"=dword:00000001
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "Show_FullURL"="yes"
>
> ----------copy inside only----------
>
> 2. Save-as IE_ShowFullURL.reg (or any name + .reg)
>
> 3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.
>

> ju.c
>

> "Steve-O" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD946825-26D9-4F05-A3A8-4B84912FE955@microsoft.com...
> > I frequently use AltaVista Image search to find specific images on the web.
> > When the search images would display, I could scroll over an image, and it
> > would show me the link in the status bar. My new computer has IE7, and now
> > when I scroll over the image, the status bar displays a string that always
> > starts "http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt..." The string is many characters long
> > with the last set of characters changing for each image.
> >
> > Is there a setting that needs to be changed or can you no longer get the
> > link to display in the status bar?
> >
> > --
> > Steve-O

Steve-O

RE: Status Bar Display
Nevermind - I found the answer to my problem in a previous post which I missed.

Here it is if anyone has the same problem...

From Don V...

"Just a guess, if those links are Javascript...
Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone> Custom Level> Scripting> Allow
status bar updates via script> Enable."

--
Steve-O