RE: Internet Explorer 7 Won't Open

Jeremy

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Won't Open
I starting having this problem yesterday myself, I tried downloading IE8 to
see if that would make a difference and allow me to use IE, but that had no
effect at all. Did a "reset" as proposed above and still only frustration as
to what the heck went wrong. HELP PLEASE!

"Gistcheckin" wrote:

> Have you tried doing a Reset? Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab>Reset
> --
> Gistcheckin
>

> "Marcus" wrote:
>
> > Each and every time i try to open Internet Explorer 7, i get the same old
> > "Internet Explorer has stopped working" message. I have tried everything that
> > the help and support suggests, such as disabling all add on and clearing
> > files, but it still will not work. Is there any way to fix this?

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Won't Open
Hi,
First, you should uninstall IE8 Beta. Your problem is being caused by a
third-party program, add-on, toolbar, etc- not by IE7.

Make sure you're running without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, look for the troublesome add-on.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

- - -
If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as the cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
- - -
This may be a malware problem.
See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:

The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Removing Malware:

Partial list of forums- there are others:
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
you choose, for specific instructions.
-
Hope this helps,
Don